• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Storm Obs 1/22-23

Mr Bob

Heavy snow. Took about thirty minutes to switch after a period of heavy rain, sleet, and feezing rain.

It's really interesting Carvers. On RadarScope using the correlation coefficient it actually showed the rain/snow line moving north. I watched it move from south of Kingsport to just now the state line. Big flakes now.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy heavy snowfall now. Looks like a thick fog outside. So of course the dry slot is racing this way to end it/allow warming etc etc. But I've picked up almost 3/4ths of an inch and traffic reports are already foul across the county. I-75 is down to one lane and it's snowing so hard that traffic is down to 20 mph on hwy 63.

My folks in London said they had about a quarter inch of ice overnight.  Power still on, but trees and power lines coated.  They switched over to all snow around 6 this morning.

I had about .61 of mostly all liquid overnight. 

The warm nose was potent with this one. It was 24 degrees in London when the precip moved in and still the 850s were too much.

I'm starting to fill around the dry slot. I will be well pleased if it is only a short duration,

Archived