• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Just to compare, here's the Sterling forecast on Thursday evening before the 2/5-6 event:

http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/wx/afos/p.php?dir=next&pil=WSWLWX&e=201002041910

The DC-specific zone:

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA-WASHINGTON-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL-NORTHERN BALTIMORE-HARFORD-MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-SOUTHERN BALTIMORE-PRINCE GEORGES-ANNE ARUNDEL-EXTREME WESTERN ALLEGANY-CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY-FREDERICK VA-CLARKE-LOUDOUN-PRINCE WILLIAM/MANASSAS/MANASSAS PARK-FAIRFAX-ARLINGTON/FALLS CHURCH/ALEXANDRIA-NORTHERN FAUQUIER-SOUTHERN FAUQUIER-HAMPSHIRE-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON-WESTERN MINERAL-EASTERN MINERAL-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...WASHINGTON...HAGERSTOWN...FREDERICK...WESTMINSTER...GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA...BALTIMORE...ANNAPOLIS...FROSTBURG...CUMBERLAND...WINCHESTER...LEESBURG...MANASSAS...MANASSAS PARK...FAIRFAX...ALEXANDRIA...FALLS CHURCH...WARRENTON...MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN...EMORYVILLE...HARTMANSVILLE...KEYSER...FORT ASHBY846 PM EST THU FEB 4 2010...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO10 PM EST SATURDAY...A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO10 PM EST SATURDAY. * PRECIPITATION TYPE...HEAVY SNOW.* ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 18 TO 24 INCHES.* TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN MID-MORNING FRIDAY...AND WILL   CONTINUE THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE   RAPIDLY FRIDAY AFTERNOON...WITH HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING   BETWEEN SUNSET FRIDAY TO SUNRISE SATURDAY. THE MOST HAZARDOUS   WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR FRIDAY NIGHT. * VISIBILITIES...THE COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS   WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO BELOW ONE-QUARTER MILE...PRODUCING   NEAR-BLIZZARD CONDITIONS AT TIMES FRIDAY NIGHT AND EARLY   SATURDAY MORNING. * TEMPERATURES...HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S FRIDAY. TEMPERATURES   WILL BE IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY. * WINDS...BECOMING NORTHEAST 10 TO 20 MPH FRIDAY WITH GUSTS TO   30 MPH FRIDAY NIGHT AND SATURDAY. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...CONDITIONS IN THIS STORM ARE EXPECTED TO BE COMPARABLE TO THOSEIN THE STORM OF 19 DECEMBER. PLAN FOR SUBSTANTIAL DISRUPTIONS TOTRAVEL FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH THE WEEKEND.A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW AREEXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILLMAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FRIDAY NIGHT

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My blizzard beer list is as follows:

Bells Two Hearted

Stone Enjoy by 2-5-15

Troegs 12 Pack (Trogenator, Perpetual, Chocolate Stout and BLIZZARD of Hops)

Should be a great weekend!

their chocolate stout is in the variety pack??? Had it as a scratch series at the brewery a while back but didn't know it was bottled...

Okay, my beer list for the storm:

Bewildered Hippie -- IPA

Holy Citra! --  Double IPA

Porter? I Barley Knew Her . . -- Porter

All ales from my brewery! Stumptown Ales --   We're gonna have to have a snowstorm party tomorrow night -- only people able to stumble home will be able to make it.

Beer list:

Flying Dog HBC 291 (experimental single hop IPA)

Flying Dog Tropical Stout

Westvleveren 12 (Belgian Quad)

Sam Adams White Christmas

Green Flash Road Warrior (DIPA)

Stone Sorry not Sorry (DIPA)

Ballast Point Fathom (IPL)

And Knob Creek Rye, if we lose power.

lol quite a list from a dude named nattybo

Beer List. All Home Brew:

Belgian wit....session beer. Tearing it up right now.

Belgian Quad....For getting warm after shoveling

Double Chocolate Stout....Beer of choice next to the fireplace while looking out the window with the snow dumping.

And I have too many damn threads open. I keep posting **** in the Storm thread that I mean to post in the Obs thread. I think I have them organized pretty good now.

Okay, my beer list for the storm:

Bewildered Hippie -- IPA

Holy Citra! --  Double IPA

Porter? I Barley Knew Her . . -- Porter

All ales from my brewery! Stumptown Ales --   We're gonna have to have a snowstorm party tomorrow night -- only people able to stumble home will be able to make it.

Nice! That's a quality storm lineup.

I've got a coffee porter, brewed back in November, that's getting really good so I'm sure one or two of those will be consumed. I also have a good Serrano Saison from a bit earlier in the fall that's also worthy.

Otherwise, it's gonna be:

Devils Backbone Danzig

Hardywood Sidamo Coffee Stout

Adroit Theory bourbon barrel aged golden stout

Also thinking of grabbing a growler fill of something from Lost Rhino tomorrow :)

Through all of this I can't help but think about 2003 and the big bust. Everyone was positive it was going to stay over our area for a long time. Then what did it do? it shifted north at the very last minute! Does this storm bear any resemblance to the bust of 2003?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bust? I had 36 inches in PD2?

Absolut. Orange and regular. Didn't have the pepper vodka in stock.

Spaghetti the way Paulie and Co. made it in "Goodfellas" while in jail. Including slicing the garlic with a razor blade. It does make a difference. Green and red peppers, LOTS of onions, mushrooms, turkey sausage, meatballs.

Turkey bacon and free-range eggie-weggs.

Sauteed mushrooms

Sauteed squash and onions.

Heron Cabernet as backup to the Absolut. 

Pig ears for the beagle.

Archived