SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm interested in weather, but I spend my summers reading this board in hopes of tracking some rain and pleasant air masses, spend the fall looking for those early season Canadian air masses and reading about signs for the upcoming winter.  In winter I frequent this board looking for any signs of snow, and - especially - awaiting the chance like we've tracked this week.  It's been a heck of a week.  Not much getting done during the day and too many 2 AM nights spent waiting up for the Euro.   Was it Friday morning when the Euro finally popped the big storm?  And it's been incredible to watch all this come together.  These chances are so rare.  '83, '93, '96, '03, and '10.  It almost feels surreal.  Good luck to everyone; may we all get buried  Godspeed.

Here's my Blizzard beer list:

Firestone Velvet Merkin

Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout

Heavy Seas Greater Pumpkin

Stone Ruination

Several Nortn Coast Rasputins

Goose Island Matilda

I would open one of my Bourbon County stouts but I'm saving those for one of my good friends...but hmmm..

You resting up for some serious Jeb walks? Gonna show us how to move snow, aren't you. Limber up, my friend. Epic couple days incoming.

I'm ready for some real snow! Hopin for some of the higher totals on the models but will be happy with whatever I get. I'll be enjoyin long refreshing jebwalks and diggin tons of snow! Dale City should resemble Hoth by Saturday morning lol.

Really wish this storm would stall out for a few days with the deform over MD/N VA bringing alltime record snows that would make the Washington/Jefferson Blizzard of 1872 look like a spring shower in Central Park in May.

Now THAT would truly be EPIC!

Why do we always get so close to a HECS for the models to lose it 18 hours out. I give up

The Euro has struggled with this storm a little and this isn't even the operational. It is not used for forecasts. I'm not too worried since everything else is coming in wound up and wet as hell. Despite the Euro ass-kissing here it does make mistakes and I recall it doing weird things with precip before a storm in the past.

Firestone Velvet Merkin

Stone Ruination

Goose Island Matilda

I would open one of my Bourbon County stouts but I'm saving those for one of my good friends...but hmmm..

you're a bit of a knucklehead but I'd hang with you

I've got two cases of homebrewed IPA waiting forever, along with a hodgepodge of random beers left over from my daughter's birthday party a couple weeks ago. And a bottle of Blanton's.

Oh...fresh brussels sprouts halved and tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper and baked at 425 until crispy in the edges is money as hell.

Firestone Velvet Merkin

Stone Ruination

Goose Island Matilda

I have Bourbon County Stout's going back to 2009. Hoping to do a vertical tasting in the near future.

Your other choices are well thought out. Love Ruination 2.0 especially, but fresh Stone Enjoy By is a bit more up my alley. Cheers!

Archived