Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because DC is never the bullseye it almost seems like it is just too difficult to think that the gfs could be correct...but dang how many runs on a row has DC been one of the highest totals...i think it is real and the news guys can talk about mixing all they want...no model is showing it as far as I can tell. Party on Wayne

Because DC is never the bullseye it almost seems like it is just too difficult to think that the gfs could be correct...but dang how many runs on a row has DC been one of the highest totals...i think it is real and the news guys can talk about mixing all they want...no model is showing it as far as I can tell. Party on Wayne

I think Matt is just in a state of shock...or something.

What's been completely fascinating about the QPF modeling of this storm is: While there is still is quite a bit of disagreement between the models on the northern edge, DCA has been unanimously 2"+ liquid equivalent for model suite after model suite. It doesn't matter whether the shield shifts northwest or southeast, is skinny (RGEM/GGEM today) or expansive-- DCA just keeps on hitting 2". 

Didn't want to ask this in the storm thread but, looking at the 18z GFS, did RIC just get a taste of the jackpot?

Appears to be near the southern edge of the heaviest snow. Don't know how much qpf they are given, but I would think they see 12-18, more west and north of the city.

Archived