Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That game should probably happen. Ducks are already here, and realistically, there isn't a good time to get them back out here.  While they come back to PA in February they have like 4 games in 7 days.  Only issue for them is they play in DET Saturday.  Might be hard to get to that game.

Sunday's game, however, could be a problem.  Afternoon game after 12-36 inches the day before....  good luck getting there on foot.

Yeah, tomorrow will be played and the game should end by 10 giving everyone time to use metro before 11pm. Sunday though, good luck

I hear you, but I wish it wouldn't..  I'm over an hour from DC and no way in hell I'm going to be stuck in DC Friday night after the game.  

Different issue.  Unless you live walking distance from a metro station even if Metro was open you might hate life after the game anyway.  If you go, you should just hope the game ends by 9:30 you get out of the lot quickly and the heavy stuff doesn't start until 11, but from what I'm reading that's at least an hour or two too late to avoid driving in some of the worst stuff.  Maybe they should move it to a day game so all the federal employees can "telework" from the game.  That would give the ducks time to get out of town, because honestly I don't see how they leave a game at 11, get on  a bus to Dulles and take a charter to Detroit before the roads become horrible or the airport closes completely.  And there's no way they are getting out Saturday during the day.  Good luck and enjoy the game if you go.    

Different issue.  Unless you live walking distance from a metro station even if Metro was open you might hate life after the game anyway.  If you go, you should just hope the game ends by 9:30 you get out of the lot quickly and the heavy stuff doesn't start until 11, but from what I'm reading that's at least an hour or two too late to avoid driving in some of the worst stuff.  Maybe they should move it to a day game so all the federal employees can "telework" from the game.  That would give the ducks time to get out of town, because honestly I don't see how they leave a game at 11, get on  a bus to Dulles and take a charter to Detroit before the roads become horrible or the airport closes completely.  And there's no way they are getting out Saturday during the day.  Good luck and enjoy the game if you go.    

Well I'd been contemplating going for it, then we saw what 1.2" of snow did yesterday.  I'll put all my eggs into the "day game" basket!  

Now you're bringing up bad memories of when I had to go to school when the county was closed for snow -_-

I had a teacher in high school who said (on a day where the city was the only jurisdiction to stay open and there were maybe 5 kids in the class) say he had a dream that the area got hit by a nuclear bomb. Recorded on the TV was a message "But Baltimore City schools are STILL open".

It was almost like the news went out of their way to emphasize that.

Archived