• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

I think Doug Kammerer has to be the biggest weenie on DC TV.  Makes me wonder how well he knows DC Climatology and our ability to fail every storm.

If Bob Ryan was still on NBC4, his map would probably be 10-14" knowing how conservative he always was.

He was the worse.  And if you look at his twitter, he sounds like a grumpy old man with every storm, criticizing the NWS, other mets.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some free ideas that are worth what you paid for it.  Not sure why so much effort is expended to tell people what not to do vs. what to do.

1.  Lock down the forecast/model threads to pro mets and a handful of spotlighted non met contributors at moderator discretion.

2.  Create a thread for second class model analysis and forecast speculation that is not so heavily moderated and people can ask questions / contribute without fear of persecution.

3.  Take the silly banter threads to off topic where they belong - most of your traffic will never set foot there.

4.  Start an obs thread that is open to all comers and focus your moderation efforts there as history suggests it will be needed.

Seems like less work to me

Thanks. Stupid meetings.

I'm not sure why meetings are still occurring at this point.  In fact, I don't understand why businesses are even open.  How are we supposed to get work done when model watching?

Some free ideas that are worth what you paid for it.  Not sure why so much effort is expended to tell people what not to do vs. what to do.

1.  Lock down the forecast/model threads to pro mets and a handful of spotlighted non met contributors at moderator discretion.

2.  Create a thread for second class model analysis and forecast speculation that is not so heavily moderated and people can ask questions / contribute without fear of persecution.

3.  Take the silly banter threads to off topic where they belong - most of your traffic will never set foot there.

4.  Start an obs thread that is open to all comers and focus your moderation efforts there as history suggests it will be needed.

Seems like less work to me

WTF?  So make the forum a version of the Republican debates?

Archived