Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every weather expert, which you and i are definitely not have said we should see higher than 10:1. Take it as you wish. No need to bicker over 5" difference like i just committed a violent crime.

For purposes of forecasting, I'd probably use 11:1 (climo) assuming no mixing.  We won't waste any QPF on the front end.

LULZ. Sorry it is 31". I was 2" off, so please have someone ream me out again like they are my mother when they are 10 years younger than me. The internet gives a lot of people perceived power that they don't have in real life.

LULZ. Sorry it is 31". I was 2" off, so please have someone ream me out again like they are my mother when they are 10 years younger than me. The internet gives a lot of people perceived power that they don't have in real life.

I'm with Matt, I'd use climo.  Mote did a study fo snow across Nebraska and foudn that the really high ratios usually do not occur with the really big ones because the snow on top of the earlier snow compacts it.  You might get fluff on the top but compress teh bottom so it's less tha 10-1.

Hogan isn't disastrous for the state. O'malley was. I think it was a political statement.

Well, not to get too much into it, but with the "R" party in that space now I think that's more of a disaster!  Just my political opinion.  Not that O'Malley was great, mind you.

ETA:  Now mind you, I was just making another pun on the whole thing with "Snogan"!

I'm with Matt, I'd use climo.  Mote did a study fo snow across Nebraska and foudn that the really high ratios usually do not occur with the really big ones because the snow on top of the earlier snow compacts it.  You might get fluff on the top but compress teh bottom so it's less tha 10-1.

thanks, wes. your unbiased opinion is always welcome. 

Archived