• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre-storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

Well, it looks like I'm going to storm chase for this one so I will be spending my time with you guys! I will officially be part of the crew for a few days. However, the last time I chased down near you guys was for the March storm that busted in 2013...That sucked. lol...

What're you thinking for the Philly area right now? 

Because if it's more than a foot but just not the 2 feet amounts, you might want to wait longer to decide. I'm sure you remember this, but just pointing out again-- in 12/09 and 2/5-6/10, Philadelphia beat DCA and BWI's totals even though the bulls-eye looked closer to down here. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because if it's more than a foot but just not the 2 feet amounts, you might want to wait longer to decide. I'm sure you remember this, but just pointing out again-- in 12/09 and 2/5-6/10, Philadelphia beat DCA and BWI's totals even though the bulls-eye looked closer to down here. 

Good call. They were also the big winner in 1996.

I'm worried right now that Philly has mix issues potentially & could also have a dry slot issue during Saturday evening....A lot less can go wrong for you guys down there. This to me is a totally dif beast than the 2009/10 storms IMO....for the most part those systems were simply how far north can the low get. This one is where the deformation band, CCB will set up etc. 

Well, it looks like I'm going to storm chase for this one so I will be spending my time with you guys! I will officially be part of the crew for a few days. However, the last time I chased down near you guys was for the March storm that busted in 2013...That sucked. lol...

Then stay away :)....I think your in good shape this time. 

Archived