Dano62
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #3 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or this ?

attachicon.gif57.png

it's just a convective mesolow -- you're going to start seeing them as they can be properly resolved on these high resolution scales -- and you see the same thing on the ECMWF

see below, so you can probably drop this line of argument - it's just the atmosphere doing what it does best:

post-3368-0-41078600-1453392222_thumb.gi

no. 

It's going to be awful tough to measure this one either way. 

Ratios will be an interesting topic the next 24 hours. It's cold at the start but WAA precip is always higher density than deform/CCB. 

I could see the first half of the precip being around 10:1. After that it gets interesting. 12-15:1 is definitely possible. DSGZ looks pretty prime and 700mb plots are rockin. 

That's at 10:1 ratios. 

Look, we have been over this before... not a single person here can say what the ratios will be like through the entire storm. stay with 10:1 and hope for higher, don't assume it will be 12:1 the entire time. 

Come on... there are a ton of people viewing this thread looking for information and then there is you and fozz saying 33" for your backyards when that isn't even remotely close to be shown on the models. 

The GFS loves to place those dry fingers on the lee sides of the mountains.  Has done it on almost every run.  While we usually do get shadowed here in the valley, it's not usually so significant with south originating storms.  I find this a little odd that t keeps appearing.  Other models haven't seem to show this nearly as starkly.

The GFS loves to place those dry fingers on the lee sides of the mountains.  Has done it on almost every run.  While we usually do get shadowed here in the valley, it's not usually so significant with south originating storms.  I find this a little odd that t keeps appearing.  Other models haven't seem to show this nearly as starkly.

Don't sweat it too much...I don't see you getting dry slotted like that....Stick with the Euro...

Archived