Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #3 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navgem would be acceptable.

There's really not a whole lot to discuss at this point. Time to have fun and let the chips fall. We're under a blizzard watch. Everybody knows were getting pounded. Time to root for extreme scenarios

Not under a blizz watch(yet) here. But my point/click has 7-11 inches for Friday night alone. I am down with that.

CAPE! Now we're talkin'. There is little or no useful info to be gleaned this close in but fun to look at. My guess is #3 is dialed in

By my count, looks like 12 members have the general metro areas in the "light bluish" or higher shading (plus the control)...which is over 20".

(ETA:  I know ensembles are sort of out of range now, but just pointing this out.)

By my count, looks like 12 members have the general metro areas in the "light bluish" or higher shading (plus the control)...which is over 20".

(ETA:  I know ensembles are sort of out of range now, but just pointing this out.)

They are only "out of range" in the sense that at shorter leads as we near the event, any discrepancies among them, and in comparison to the op, had better be small...otherwise the model isn't very useful.

Starting tonight, I'd begin paying attention to the RGEM.  It has performed fairly well with "snow details" over the last couple of years.

MDstorm

Was saying this earlier. One of the best parts of 09-10 was watching the RGEM go nuts. Many shifts can still occur over the next 48 hours and the RGEM was often first to see them as I recall. A good snow model.

Navgem would be acceptable.

There's really not a whole lot to discuss at this point. Time to have fun and let the chips fall. We're under a blizzard watch. Everybody knows were getting pounded. Time to root for extreme scenarios

Last night navgem was headed to Bermuda so I guess it's good that it came around. What's nice is that if history repeats itself and this storm trends slightly north to game time we have that wiggle room.

Was saying this earlier. One of the best parts of 09-10 was watching the RGEM go nuts. Many shifts can still occur over the next 48 hours and the RGEM was often first to see them as I recall. A good snow model.

Agreed. I love the RGEM for picking up precip maxes. It can struggle with temps at times but in this case that's not going to matter much for most of us. I'll trust it over any op through 36 hours for precip.

Archived