Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 23-24 Storm Banter

ORH_wxman

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

45F there... you staying warm?

It's felt great the last few days....I was out lastnight in shorts the temp was a balmy 30. People be like bundled Arctic parka's.

Another SqL to look forward to. This time passage in the afternoon Friday...watching both N and S.

Really pullin and hoping you guys cash in. 

It's felt great the last few days....I was out lastnight in shorts the temp was a balmy 30. People be like bundled Arctic parka's.

Another SqL to look forward to. This time passage in the afternoon Friday...watching both N and S.

Really pullin and hoping you guys cash in. 

My father just retired after 32 years. Looking at condos in Broward County. Most typical snow bird place out there. He is opposite of me. 

My father just retired after 32 years. Looking at condos in Broward County. Most typical snow bird place out there. He is opposite of me. 

Good for him, wishing the best. 

I was in Lady Lake for awhile near a place called the Villages. Fastest growing County in FLA, average age has to be 80, no joke. Literally bumper cars. Bought a log-home in the middle of the forest. I'm been in terrible pain for about the month. Doc gave me some "happy pills" vowed never to take but at least I'm mobile for now.

Everytime there's a gtg either you or I no-show, one of these times J. 

If any of you have a WEATHERBELL premium subscription, go check out Tom Downes post from yesterday. It shows the Feb 4-7 mid Atlantic storm from 2010. And it shows a few spots of 30 plus inches on it. I said this yesterday, that some of those areas had received over 30 inches in some of those storms, but was told they didn't. According to the NESIS map, they indeed did. Just saying.

speaking of Joe Fury I really used to enjoy his forecasting when i lived sw of Hartford. There was no bs or inflating of snow amounts with him. I also felt the same about Bob Maxon.

Brad Field however...omg what an enthusiastic  snow storm forecaster...always had the highest snow forecast maps that almost never verified

If any of you have a WEATHERBELL premium subscription, go check out Tom Downes post from yesterday. It shows the Feb 4-7 mid Atlantic storm from 2010. And it shows a few spots of 30 plus inches on it. I said this yesterday, that some of those areas had received over 30 inches in some of those storms, but was told they didn't. According to the NESIS map, they indeed did. Just saying.

I'm not going to bother going back searching for the post, but you seemed to intimate some areas had hit 30 inches in all three storms that year. So far as I know, that wasn't the case. I would've said Feb 5 was their best shot.

I'm not going to bother going back searching for the post, but you seemed to intimate some areas had hit 30 inches in all three storms that year. So far as I know, that wasn't the case. I would've said Feb 5 was their best shot.

Yeah that's what I thought. Saying they had 30 in all 3. Nobody had 30 in all 3. Maybe some 2500 foot mountain in western Maryland did.

There were definitely some 30" amounts though in the Dec 2009 and first Feb events. Don't think anyone got 30 in the Miller b feb 9-10

Yeah that's what I thought. Saying they had 30 in all 3. Nobody had 30 in all 3. Maybe some 2500 foot mountain in western Maryland did.

There were definitely some 30" amounts though in the Dec 2009 and first Feb events. Don't think anyone got 30 in the Miller b feb 9-10

OK, what I meant was that 30 inches has been reached in some of those areas during that 2010 winter for the mid atlantic.  I apologize for the confusion.

Probably a different evolution, but anyone remember a storm last March that was a virga storm north of 84 in CT (I nor KTOL received any flakes) but south of 84 accumulations slowly built up, maxing around 6-8" on the shore?

From a lifetime of living in CT, it just seems that northern cutoffs as modeled are even sharper in reality due to dry air/virga. I wouldn't feel comfortable along 84 unless models push the good stuff to the pike. 

Archived