joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing the ENTIRE state of PA in at least 10"+ is something to remember.  While I'm no met...I've seen a lot of pics in my years.  I've just put that one in my 2016 folder....

As we've been in or largely close to the bullseye for this storm...it truely is something I've never seen for so many consecutive runs....in so many different models no less.  While I love where I sit.  I wish this on anyone on this board.  The consistancy has been just utterly stunning.  Someone mentioned about doing a grad project on this storm and the modelling.  Were I a met in training....I'd be all over that.  I'm sure I'll be back in a couple hours.  Night night for now.

Nut

Tough job for you guys now to downplay it a little while still warning people of what appears to be an historic event coming. Not envious!

It's certainly getting harder to downplay it. Like I said yesterday this would probably still be a big snowstorm even if it didn't get fully captured and stall for a time. My confidence on having a big time storm is about as high as it can get for this timeframe. My questions/concerns have been more like "How sharp will the northern cutoff be?", "Will our region be divided yet again with heavy in the southern tier and only a few inches in the north?", and lastly "Will the truly insane totals actually come to fruition?". I'm not too concerned this would come NW enough for any mixing in our region say in the Sus Valley. That could end up an issue for places like DC but even there I think any mixing would probably go back over to snow when the coastal bombs out. 

I still worry a more progressive outcome may limit the really heavy stuff to the southern tier, but so far today with the 12z and early on tonight.. it seems it's looking better for the whole state to see at least several inches if not a warning snowfall. 

I just watched the 3 local Harrisburg CBS, NBC, & ABC 11pm news/weather.

They are all mentioning snow possible or likely, but they all still very much downplayed the potential of this storm. On NBC , they mentioned at least a plowable snow. CBS said we may be in the hot spot for the storm. ABC really downplayed it & just said they are watching the coast & some snow is likely.

Most people will have NO idea of what could be coming if these modeled snow totals come anywhere close to reality. I know there is no need to cause panic yet, as there is some time for it to change, but a little more info to the public couldn't hurt so families & businesses could make some contingency plans.

Archived