neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New CTP snowfall map.

image.png

also updated text: (Hershey)

Tonight
Periods of snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 24. Northeast wind 6 to 11 mph increasing to 12 to 17 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow, mainly after 2pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow after 8am. High near 29. Blustery, with a northeast wind 20 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow, mainly before 2am, then a chance of snow or light snow after 5am. The snow could be heavy at times. Areas of blowing snow before 2am. Low around 17. Blustery, with a north wind 17 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Are we going to start an obs thread?  Now would be a good time I would think.

I'm very happy to see that the last-minute push north appears to be underway.  Hopefully even wmsptwx gets in on some serious accums.

Closing in on my first inch now with a temp of 21, which is definitely colder than I originally thought we'd be snowing at.  10 degrees+ below freezing with snow is great to see.  It was about this temperature back in 1983 when I went through that storm in Philly.  Definitely hoping to observe lightning & thunder snow tomorrow.

What restaurant if I may ask? Dobbin House?

Gettysburg Hotel - would like to hit the Dobbin House, but tomorrow might not be the day. I was just glad to get through Harrisburg rush hour in the snow. Came in earlier than I'd figured. Snowing steadily here since late afternoon.

Any hints from anyone about catching thunder snow in this one? Is there a good link for lightning strikes?

I think you're in the perfect spot! Tuning in for any evidence of thundersnow...

Iquote name="var126" post="3913636" timestamp="1453510008"]

Gettysburg Hotel - would like to hit the Dobbin House, but tomorrow might not be the day. I was just glad to get through Harrisburg rush hour in the snow. Came in earlier than I'd figured. Snowing steadily here since late afternoon.

Any hints from anyone about catching thunder snow in this one? Is there a good link for lightning strikes?

Archived