joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTP updated the WSW wording for Perry, Dauphin, Lebanon, and Cumberland counties calling for 12-18" with Highest amounts south of interstate 81. They also updated the "Most likely" and "Maximum Potential" Maps.

94e1de0ff489708cb9ebade6c0731110.jpg

ebc69eaa50c4b56019dfcfc5a7930b2c.jpg

Probability of >12"

1b185b25c61d319aed1e902e0af25081.jpg

Probability of >18"

af409c247a74927603ad5c3fb28c4743.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not seeing one model now that's showing less than a foot for the southern tier counties, with most of them approaching 2'. 

Horst tweeted a bit ago and said that he sees no big surprises other than the storm is shifting north slightly. 

I'm a bad father. sent my kid to college without a snow shovel, i told her Monday she had better leave Millersville after class and get one so she can dig her car out. 

I'm a bad father. sent my kid to college without a snow shovel, i told her Monday she had better leave Millersville after class and get one so she can dig her car out. 

I graduated from Penn Manor which is directly beside the MU campus. Nice little town. I grew up about 5 miles from the 'Ville and now live about 15 miles away. 

I was out and about last night and was surprised at how many shovels the stores still had in stock down here. 

These clowns took out space on a digital billboard in York. Their marketing game is much better than their forecasting. Huge letters that say BLIZZARD and their Facebook page.

That forecast actually seems very reasonable, especially in light of The model trends. It actually lines up fairly well with CTP's wording in the winter storm warnings

That forecast actually seems very reasonable, especially in light of The model trends. It actually lines up fairly well with CTP's wording in the winter storm warnings

I don't totally disagree with you about that. I just don't like their tactics like posting models 4-5 days in advance, and the fact they basically provide little skilled forecasting, they are regurgitating the most recent models. This storm helped them by being relatively consistent.

They are a marketing and donation machine, they buy Facebook ads posting these huge dramatic model runs... Yuck.

I don't totally disagree with you about that. I just don't like their tactics like posting models 4-5 days in advance, and the fact they basically provide little skilled forecasting, they are regurgitating the most recent models. This storm helped them by being relatively consistent.

They are a marketing and donation machine, they buy Facebook ads posting these huge dramatic model runs... Yuck.

Not to mention some lied about being enrolled in a Met program, as well as being deceitful with the construction business. Yet people flock to them.

ok my rant is over.

CTP updated the WSW wording for Perry, Dauphin, Lebanon, and Cumberland counties calling for 12-18" with Highest amounts south of interstate 81. They also updated the "Most likely" and "Maximum Potential" Maps.

They are one of the best NWS offices while Binghamton office is by far the  worst!

94e1de0ff489708cb9ebade6c0731110.jpg

ebc69eaa50c4b56019dfcfc5a7930b2c.jpg

Probability of >12"

1b185b25c61d319aed1e902e0af25081.jpg

Probability of >18"

af409c247a74927603ad5c3fb28c4743.jpg

what is one of the better radar sites folks use? 

website wise I have not seen better than http://weather.cod.edu/buildmap/nexrad_build.php because it has some dual pol features available

and of course http://www.wgal.com/weather/live-radar

Just caught up from over night, thanks all for the good info on the storm as well as the jocularity. i guess its soon time for nowcasting. Guess i'd better put the plow on, looks like snow. 

I came across this old NYC metro thread the other day that is a pretty good quick basic set of nowcasting type maps http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/42006-storm-tracking-images/

The sky was on fire at sunrise.

It was about as angry red as if we were walking into Mordor... pictures don't even do it justice to show how blood red it was for a few minutes

post-285-0-20027200-1453469306_thumb.jpg

Archived