Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You amateurs and your first calls. I don't do first, I do final.

Eskimo Joe: Undeservedly snowed-in, but still pretty f'n dead.

psuhoffman: Deservedly snowed-in

Mappy: Probably snowed in, probably harassed.

Wmsptwx: Being told to "cram it" after his thirthy-fifth post where he feigns happiness for LSV for "finally cashing in" while reminding everybody that Williamsport only does well when it starts as 4 inches and turns to rain. He is then reminded that he once gave up on a storm and got nine ****ing inches after quitting.

NEPA: Teetering on going postal after trip to NYC ruined for snow he doesn't see but NYC gets.

MAG: Probably too calm for where he should be considering the fact that he lives in Bellwood and it never snows there.

Voyager: Probably at a truck stop. Doing truck stop things.

2001kx: Struggling to find reasons to stay in Clearfield.

Mallow: Roasted

Sauss: Drunk

Canderson: Drunk. Or listening to a radio show from 2009. Or both.

AtomixWx: Drunk. Thinking about starting a flame war in the Mid-Atlantic thread. Accidentally doing it in the CPA Banter thread.

Snownut: Drunk. And probably praying. Which makes one wonder if God answers drunken prayers...

PAWeather: Praying the snow doesn't melt and turn the sinkhole near Palmyra Bowl into Indian Echo Canyon

Who was missed?

LMAO....thats good stuff right there.  I hope he does answer (not that I asked....sorta.

Nut

Wmsptwx: Being told to "cram it" after his thirthy-fifth post where he feigns happiness for LSV for "finally cashing in" while reminding everybody that Williamsport only does well when it starts as 4 inches and turns to rain. He is then reminded that he once gave up on a storm and got nine ****ing inches after quitting.

NEPA: Teetering on going postal after trip to NYC ruined for snow he doesn't see but NYC gets.

MAG: Probably too calm for where he should be considering the fact that he lives in Bellwood and it never snows there.

AtomixWx: Drunk. Thinking about starting a flame war in the Mid-Atlantic thread. Accidentally doing it in the CPA Banter thread.

Snownut: Drunk. And probably praying. Which makes one wonder if God answers drunken prayers...

PAWeather: Praying the snow doesn't melt and turn the sinkhole near Palmyra Bowl into Indian Echo Canyon

Who was missed?

Go ahead and add "Internet champion 2016" to your sig. This is greatness.

I bought 4 bottles of wine tonight. I'm drinking heavily starting at 8 p.m. Friday. I will also watch a Republican presidential debate from 2008 just to keep it real.

Who was missed?

:(

*Raises hand*

Take a look at the 15z SREF plumes at Harrisburg. The mean is 8.41" but there are two distinct camps. The ones that want to shut of the snow by 12z Saturday or before and drop <3" and the ones that get Harrisburg into the CCB band and want to drop 14"-20" or higher. Seems like it's an all or nothing type event.

a7a58558b67f826c8480499a8a3fb250.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was missed?

:lol:

I am flying home tomorrow for several days...that should keep this south of the M/D line effectively. 

The JMA? Do you become Joe Bastardi when drunk?

Quick, show me the 18z run of the Paraguayan Model. What they show for CHESTERFIELD, VIRGINA

Yo no havo any linky for el Payaguayan modelo...

need linky.

not drunk....just happy....like always...

Edit....ok maybe its a delayed happy hour.  Late client meeting so late start....

FT

Someone mentioned there could be some higher amounts than forecast back towards Harrisburg

& areas along I-81 in the southern end of the state because of an upslope effect caused by banding heading back this way off the coast towards the beginning of the mountains here in the LSV.

Does anyone think that will be much of a factor ?

Atomixwx---I feel left out of your commentary too!

Atomixwx, that was a priceless! It sorta reminded of me of when Earthlight used to post a "Day in the life of the NYC forum" around Christmas every year. The first time he did that might of been the funniest things I've ever read in my life. If you guys can dig those up in their thread, do it. Especially if you go in their frequently and understand the personalities he's referring to.

Back to the weather...that sharp northern edge has been going the wrong way with these past few runs. I'm getting to the point where I'm hoping for the best but preparing for something far less than that. 

Someone mentioned there could be some higher amounts than forecast back towards Harrisburg

& areas along I-81 in the southern end of the state because of an upslope effect caused by banding heading back this way off the coast towards the beginning of the mountains here in the LSV.

Does anyone think that will be much of a factor ?

Atomixwx---I feel left out of your commentary too!

I'm concerned we dont get that do to the progressive nature.  Not much of a capture today, and do to too much confluence up north...it appears to me to be getting pushed ENE...not north.  Hopefully 0z's change that.  The trough did sharpen through many of the afternoon runs and it sounds to me like more of a Miller A....not B or hybrid..so a little more sharpening might keep it closer to the NE coast.  JMO's and taggers tell me if I need to stop tippin the bottle.

FT

Archived