Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool!

You think realistically this has any hopes of moving (or well the precip cutoff not be so freaking extreme) 50-100 miles N so we can get more of you central guys into the better returns?

Or are we about as far north as it can possible get now?

I do think the NAM is probably a bit extreme with its razor sharp cutoff.. but it does appear we are gonna have to deal with a sharp one, and somewhere in our forum area of course. We could easily adjust back enough to get UNV to Scranton more heavily involved and there's time for it to happen still, even if things didn't go quite our way today outside of the Lower Sus Valley. With that said, the models have seemingly started to zero in more and right now it likely leaves the north central and northwest zones above Pit with a minor or even non event on the table and the truly excessive 16-24+" type totals are likely going to stay south of the Mason-Dixon with a chance they may pop up in the ridges toward the MD border and the LSV below the turnpike if things go right. 

These moisture laden Gulf storms usually do find a way to get precip further north in the end, and this isn't as major a blocking/confluence scenario ala a Feb 5, 2010, so I think there's some wiggle room to expand precip north. But no guarantees. 

You amateurs and your first calls. I don't do first, I do final.

Eskimo Joe: Undeservedly snowed-in, but still pretty f'n dead.

psuhoffman: Deservedly snowed-in

Mappy: Probably snowed in, probably harassed.

Wmsptwx: Being told to "cram it" after his thirthy-fifth post where he feigns happiness for LSV for "finally cashing in" while reminding everybody that Williamsport only does well when it starts as 4 inches and turns to rain. He is then reminded that he once gave up on a storm and got nine ****ing inches after quitting.

NEPA: Teetering on going postal after trip to NYC ruined for snow he doesn't see but NYC gets.

MAG: Probably too calm for where he should be considering the fact that he lives in Bellwood and it never snows there.

Voyager: Probably at a truck stop. Doing truck stop things.

2001kx: Struggling to find reasons to stay in Clearfield.

Mallow: Roasted

Sauss: Drunk

Canderson: Drunk. Or listening to a radio show from 2009. Or both.

AtomixWx: Drunk. Thinking about starting a flame war in the Mid-Atlantic thread. Accidentally doing it in the CPA Banter thread.

Snownut: Drunk. And probably praying. Which makes one wonder if God answers drunken prayers...

PAWeather: Praying the snow doesn't melt and turn the sinkhole near Palmyra Bowl into Indian Echo Canyon

Who was missed?

Wmsptwx: Being told to "cram it" after his thirthy-fifth post where he feigns happiness for LSV for "finally cashing in" while reminding everybody that Williamsport only does well when it starts as 4 inches and turns to rain. He is then reminded that he once gave up on a storm and got nine ****ing inches after quitting.

NEPA: Teetering on going postal after trip to NYC ruined for snow he doesn't see but NYC gets.

MAG: Probably too calm for where he should be considering the fact that he lives in Bellwood and it never snows there.

AtomixWx: Drunk. Thinking about starting a flame war in the Mid-Atlantic thread. Accidentally doing it in the CPA Banter thread.

Snownut: Drunk. And probably praying. Which makes one wonder if God answers drunken prayers...

PAWeather: Praying the snow doesn't melt and turn the sinkhole near Palmyra Bowl into Indian Echo Canyon

Who was missed?

A+

Who was missed?

Well done sir. It's snowing pretty good right now.

Who was missed?

That's ok the snow is going to miss me you might as well miss me too. :-)

Who was missed?

Lol that was funny.

This is my first post but i've followed along for quite some time. You guys are great in here. :)

Who was missed?

:clap:

Who was missed?

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is classic.

Who was missed?

ql7Ptpy.gif

Archived