Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA OMG SNOW thread -- Winter 2016

neff

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTP hoists WSWs.

000WWUS41 KCTP 202042WSWCTPURGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGENATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE STATE COLLEGE PA342 PM EST WED JAN 20 2016PAZ033>036-056-057-059-063>066-210845-/O.NEW.KCTP.WS.A.0001.160123T0000Z-160124T1200Z/SOMERSET-BEDFORD-FULTON-FRANKLIN-PERRY-DAUPHIN-LEBANON-CUMBERLAND-ADAMS-YORK-LANCASTER-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...SOMERSET...BEDFORD...MCCONNELLSBURG...CHAMBERSBURG...NEWPORT...HARRISBURG...HERSHEY...LEBANON...CARLISLE...GETTYSBURG...YORK...LANCASTER342 PM EST WED JAN 20 2016...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGHSUNDAY MORNING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE HAS ISSUED A WINTERSTORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGHSUNDAY MORNING.* LOCATIONS...SOUTH CENTRAL MOUNTAINS INTO THE LOWER SUSQUEHANNA  VALLEY.* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...6 INCHES OR MORE POSSIBLE.* TIMING...SNOW BEGINS LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON OR EARLY EVENING. THE  PERIOD OF MOST INTENSE SNOW WILL BE FRIDAY EVENING INTO SATURDAY  EVENING. SNOW ENDS LATE SATURDAY NIGHT.* WINDS...NORTH 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS DUE TO SNOW ACCUMULATION.  A GUSTY WIND MAY DRIFT SNOW ACROSS ROADS AND REDUCE VISIBILITY.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANTSNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. STAY TUNED TO NOAAWEATHER RADIO OR YOUR FAVORITE SOURCE OF WEATHER INFORMATION FORTHE LATEST UPDATES. ADDITIONAL DETAILS CAN ALSO BE FOUNDAT...WEATHER.GOV/STATECOLLEGE.&&$$PAZ058-210845-/O.NEW.KCTP.WS.A.0001.160123T0500Z-160124T1500Z/SCHUYLKILL-INCLUDING THE CITY OF...POTTSVILLE342 PM EST WED JAN 20 2016...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGHSUNDAY MORNING...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STATE COLLEGE HAS ISSUED A WINTERSTORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM LATE FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGHSUNDAY MORNING.* LOCATIONS...SCHUYLKILL COUNTY.* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...6 INCHES OR MORE POSSIBLE.* TIMING...SNOW BEGINS FRIDAY EVENING. THE PERIOD OF MOST INTENSE  SNOW WILL BE FRIDAY NIGHT INTO SATURDAY EVENING. SNOW ENDS BY  EARLY SUNDAY MORNING.* WINDS...NORTH 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH.* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS DUE TO SNOW ACCUMULATION.  A GUSTY WIND MAY DRIFT SNOW ACROSS ROADS AND REDUCE VISIBILITY.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANTSNOW ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. STAY TUNED TO NOAAWEATHER RADIO OR YOUR FAVORITE SOURCE OF WEATHER INFORMATION FORTHE LATEST UPDATES. ADDITIONAL DETAILS CAN ALSO BE FOUNDAT...WEATHER.GOV/STATECOLLEGE.&&$$RXR

Man I hate being on the edge. 

The Euro ensemble mean is probably the best thing I've seen this afternoon for the UNV-AVP corridors, though the GFS is hanging in there for now as well. But the 12z Euro ensemble mean seemed to look like it jived fairly well with the map that Ellinwood had posted earlier today. 

if this is a sharp cutoff as indicated on models today, I even worry about down in the MDT corridor right now. It is not a lock for sure. LNS/York maybe so but that northern edge is ever so close. I hope trends tonight on 0z turn back the other way like most of last night's runs or we could also be on the outside looking in. Places 30-45 mins away feet of snow and us, high clouds.

I'd love our resident mets to do maps tomorrow, a little contest or something! :)

I'm gonna try to put something out by tomorrow or tomorrow night, if I can get my GIS software to cooperate with generating the new maps I started putting out last year. Either way i'll have amounts in either text or a map but it'll probably be after another full day of guidance.

I'm gonna try to put something out by tomorrow or tomorrow night, if I can get my GIS software to cooperate with generating the new maps I started putting out last year. Either way i'll have amounts in either text or a map but it'll probably be after another full day of guidance.

Cool!

You think realistically this has any hopes of moving (or well the precip cutoff not be so freaking extreme) 50-100 miles N so we can get more of you central guys into the better returns?

Or are we about as far north as it can possible get now?

Cool!

You think realistically this has any hopes of moving (or well the precip cutoff not be so freaking extreme) 50-100 miles N so we can get more of you central guys into the better returns?

Or are we about as far north as it can possible get now?

18z GFS says no. Ticked south again. Whatever trend we need up here, just expect the opposite. It's worked for the past 5 years.

Archived