SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up another 3/4" and it's still snowing.  I was out and about for a while and just a mile east of me it's only a dusting and by the time I got to the Taconic there is nothing new at all.  ~15 miles east of me has double what I got and my buddy in Sherman CT at the northern tip of Candlewood Lake got 6" today.  Now that it's dark everything that's falling is sticking and the roads on my hill are totally covered again, guess I'm not taking my sports car to LGA in the morning so it's a good thing I picked up that Durango cheap last summer.

What's the guesstimate for around here overnight?  I need to get out early for the flight for that job interview.

Light snows picked up a bit, steady light snow, dusting.... My wife said she feels like she's living in the overlook Hotel with the way I'm acting ;)

suzyth.jpg

This was back in July. Went there around 3-4 times this year. Pretty creepy place, and I hear there's rattlesnakes although I think they're more near the summit. Bout 1/4 inch down now with low visibility.

suzyth.jpg

This was back in July. Went there around 3-4 times this year. Pretty creepy place, and I hear there's rattlesnakes although I think they're more near the summit. Bout 1/4 inch down now with low visibility.

Nice!

Just out to get my first "official", "snow" measurement of the season .31" down... Pretty shocked how steady it's snowing with returns not all that great

Nice!

Just out to get my first "official", "snow" measurement of the season .31" down... Pretty shocked how steady it's snowing with returns not all that great

Yeah about 10 dbz and 1/2" an hour lol. I read in the New England forum somewhere that Norluns tend to do that a lot. Imagine what 40 dbz would be like, would be like lake effect.

Lots of low level moisture. Good sign

I can't recal the exact storm.. Do believ it was a Norlun type event, and I wanna say winter of either 13, or 14... We weren't expecting Much, advisorys got posted around mid day after radar just kept filling in, then by evening we had a warning.. Ended with about 6.5" in new Windsor...

I just remember looking at the radar, expecting the snow to have stopped, but outside was nearly moderate all day...

This is some persistent stuff.  It's been steady light snow for hours, actually nearly all day.  It does look like there's a gap of at least a few hours coming before the aforementioned next batch moves in.  It figures, the only wintry week of the entire season and I have to make a significantly important (to me) trip tomorrow.

This is some persistent stuff.  It's been steady light snow for hours, actually nearly all day.  It does look like there's a gap of at least a few hours coming before the aforementioned next batch moves in.  It figures, the only wintry week of the entire season and I have to make a significantly important (to me) trip tomorrow.

I'm in that "gap" on radar with no precip, but its been snowing very lightly for hrs, and seems to be picking up a bit.

It doesn't look like that much verbatim, but it did shift the area of moderate snow northward towards our area. I also wonder if the precipitation shield from the weak low on the coast would be stronger than what's modeled. It looks pretty minimal. Either way, one more subtle shift and it gets us into something more than an inch.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived