• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

Yeah Dec 2000 was epic here too...forgot that one right around New Years'. Wasn't here for Jan 1996...maybe that 1 surpassed 2 feet here.

Other notable HV big storms that I can think of are Jan 15 1999(14"and 1" of ice), Dec 2002(14"), feb 2007(14), PDII(18"), Jan 05, Boxing day(11")(much more for NYC/NJ), and 11" in Dec 6 2003 but got shafted in that with 3 feet in Red Hook 10 miles to my east. Some of those might have been slighyly bigger for Poughkeepsie/Newburgh like PDII and Boxing Day.

18 for Boxing Day here

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From looking at the Kocin book, 1888 absolutely smashed the Hudson Valley region with 40-45 inches in spots. It is Albany's storm of record.

My ancestors came to the U.S. a few months before the 1888 Blizzard. They settled in Kingston and told stories of drifts up to and covering the windows on the second floor of the house they were staying in.

I'd laugh but I know it sucks for you. The selfish side of me wonders how much I would have gotten had those bands that set up in Union and Morris were up here.

I still received snow so it wasn't that bad for me but man there are places in this county that saw maybe 10 flakes the entire event! What a gradient

The ukmet and cmc had something similar at 12z.. not saying much though. The operational gfs and euro aren't having it and the ensembles don't look great either. Looks like my 3.9" total this season won't be increasing for a while.

GGEM was the first to show this storm, and we know how then ended ;)... Eps and ukie also have it

GGEM was the first to show this storm, and we know how then ended ;)... Eps and ukie also have it

I'll become interested if there's still a storm on the models at 00z Wednesday, looks like thats when the northern and southern stream pieces will be onshore and well sampled.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived