Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's tough having CT 100+ miles inland getting crushed, having NE and EPA getting crushed, all of jersey and NYC, crush, and were in the middle like WTF? Lol

Actually a good portion of Nepa is not getting crushed. Last check, I had about 10 inches here in Pike county in Nepa, the county west/sw of Orange County Ny. The gradient is insane here, every 10 miles drastic changes. Milford Pa had about 5 inches last check, I have 10 inches being 10 miles sw of Milford, and 10 to 15 miles south of me, Bushkill/East Stroudsburg area of Pa, has anywhere from 18 to 22 inches now. The meso banding liteartly hit a stone wall just 20 miles s.e of me. That was painful to watch, but I guess I can't complain. 10 inches, is ten inches. I'm grateful...However... far too many of these nail biters and on the northern fringe events. I guess I am immune to it now, and this was one of the better ones, but one that could of been that much better still lol...

Actually a good portion of Nepa is not getting crushed. Last check, I had about 10 inches here in Pike county in Nepa, the county west/sw of Orange County Ny. The gradient is insane here, every 10 miles drastic changes. Milford Pa had about 5 inches last check, I have 10 inches being 10 miles sw of Milford, and 10 to 15 miles south of me, Bushkill/East Stroudsburg area of Pa, has anywhere from 18 to 22 inches now. The meso banding liteartly hit a stone wall just 20 miles s.e of me. That was painful to watch, but I guess I can't complain. 10 inches, is ten inches. I'm grateful...However... far too many of these nail biters and on the northern fringe events. I guess I am immune to it now, and this was one of the better ones, but one that could of been that much better still lol...

When I said NE, I meant New England lol sory

Even Orange County has gotten 36 but that will probably never happen here in the valley.

Need either orographic or ocean enhancement

Yeah I think the top end for sea level in Ulster/Dutchess is like 20" which has only happened twice here in Jan 2003 and Feb 2014. I don't even think 2 feet is possible...been here since 1997 and have not come close...many other around 18" storms like March 2007 and Feb 2001 but that's about the best you can hope for

Yeah I think the top end for sea level in Ulster/Dutchess is like 20" which has only happened twice here in Jan 2003 and Feb 2014. I don't even think 2 feet is possible...been here since 1997 and have not come close...many other 14-18" storms like Christmas 2002 and Feb 2001 also but that's the best you can hope for

Agree. What about December 2000? And apparently 1996 was 24-30 here that's gotta be the record

Agree. What about December 2000? And apparently 1996 was 24-30 here that's gotta be the record

Yeah Dec 2000 was epic here too...forgot that one right around New Years'. Wasn't here for Jan 1996...maybe that 1 surpassed 2 feet here.

Other notable HV big storms that I can think of are Jan 15 1999(14"and 1" of ice), Dec 2002(14"), feb 2007(14), PDII(18"), Jan 05, Boxing day(11")(much more for NYC/NJ), and 11" in Dec 6 2003 but got shafted in that with 3 feet in Red Hook 10 miles to my east. Some of those might have been slighyly bigger for Poughkeepsie/Newburgh like PDII and Boxing Day.

Yeah I think the top end for sea level in Ulster/Dutchess is like 20" which has only happened twice here in Jan 2003 and Feb 2014. I don't even think 2 feet is possible...been here since 1997 and have not come close...many other around 18" storms like March 2007 and Feb 2001 but that's about the best you can hope for

From looking at the Kocin book, 1888 absolutely smashed the Hudson Valley region with 40-45 inches in spots. It is Albany's storm of record.

From looking at the Kocin book, 1888 absolutely smashed the Hudson Valley region with 40-45 inches in spots. It is Albany's storm of record.

I had 37 inches at my house up near Lake George during the Valentines Day 2007 storm. The amazing thing about that storm is it flipped to sleet for a couple of hours at the height of the storm

I had 37 inches at my house up near Lake George during the Valentines Day 2007 storm. The amazing thing about that storm is it flipped to sleet for a couple of hours at the height of the storm

Yup same in Oneonta with 30". The sleet happened really early in the morning around 5 AM but I was up for it watching the storm. Forgot about 1888...that would be the biggest one for sure.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived