• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

Highland Lakes, Vernon and West Milford are far enough south and east to capture some of these large Noreasters that don't get too far north and west,.  On December 30th 2000 I was living in Vernon and Vernon, Highland Lakes and West Milford got about two feet of snow and western parts of Sussex county only 10-12 inches.  I remember watching the weather channel and the  local forecast for Sussex County was calling for 18-24 inches in the eastern part of the county and only around a foot in the western part of Sussex county.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fighting off a fever for 5 days, so going to get some rest. Final call, I'm going with 2-4" IMBY. I may bust high, but that's ok. I do like the trends so far, though obviously I'm on the wrong side of the gradient. If I'm in heavy virga after work tomorrow and it's ripping not far away, I might head southward for a couple beers in a blizzard.

Still under a winter storm watch...has not been updated to a warning or advisory...getting kinda late to still be under a watch

Now in Upton's 8-12 inch zone and still only under a watch with snow only a few hours from beginning lol

Edit: finally updated to warning as i wrote this lol

I m telling you. I have never seen this before...of this magnitude. This morning/tonight. WWA 2-5 inches.

Typically it is the other way around. Mother Nature takes the snow.

This is similar to the way 96 went down up here. It wasn't till the last 24 hours before the storm that things started shifting our way. We didn't jackpot but got plenty.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived