joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

I live in northern Sussex county.

NCEP shows 6-8 inches for my area.

Another wiggle north and I am buried.

Yes. I was exaggerating slightly. The gradient is dangerously close, however. This will definitely be an interesting (and possibly heartbreaking) storm to watch unfold. What a mentally exhausting hobby this is.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are in a good spot. The potential to bust high in rockland is great. Now only if we can get the NAM to be right for once lol..

Yeah, I don't know what Bx is whining about in his location but we are all used to it by now.  Now as far as dealing with the massive influx of weenies and regulars whining on this board is a whole other issue.

Yeah, I don't know what Bx is whining about in his location but we are all used to it by now. Now as far as dealing with the massive influx of weenies and regulars whining on this board is a whole other issue.

Wasnt a whine about the location just the extreme cutoff over my head on every model lol

Wasnt a whine about the location just the extreme cutoff over my head on every model lol

You know I'm busting on ya. Two of my sons are in TN, one in the eastern mountains, he hasn't had classes since Tuesday, and the other son is in Nashville and both are sending me pictures of snow plastered on everything.  I'm gonna rage soon myself, LOL.

You know I'm busting on ya. Two of my sons are in TN, one in the eastern mountains, he hasn't had classes since Tuesday, and the other son is in Nashville and both are sending me pictures of snow plastered on everything.  I'm gonna rage soon myself, LOL.

Whats your dew point up there?? I see MGJ is showing 4. Insane difference from here. My dew is 18

28/18

Edit: Disregard lol... I just reset it, showing 28/9 now lol.. 

I've seen both and they both suck.  I guess the 6" option is slightly better.

True. I'm used to these gradients growing up in lake effect country. Anyhow, I guess I'd prefer *some* snow, but it's hard getting excited about a few inches when people are getting slammed not too far away.

In a way, I'm glad I accepted defeat with the storm a couple days ago. I think there's going to be some heartbroken people Sunday morning where things didn't break the way they anticipated. 

True. I'm used to these gradients growing up in lake effect country. Anyhow, I guess I'd prefer *some* snow, but it's hard getting excited about a few inches when people are getting slammed not too far away.

In a way, I'm glad I accepted defeat with the storm a couple days ago. I think there's going to be some heartbroken people Sunday morning where things didn't break the way they anticipated. 

Every storm has a screw zone. You may think you are getting 12 inches and end up with 6.

Been there a few times. Caught in between snow bands, dry air, poor snow growth.

I am liking my spot for a few inches.  If I get nothing, so be it.

27/3 Air is certainly dry.

+1 with radarscope

DP's are in the single digits right down to Southern NJ.

Every storm has a screw zone. You may think you are getting 12 inches and end up with 6.

Been there a few times. Caught in between snow bands, dry air, poor snow growth.

I am liking my spot for a few inches.  If I get nothing, so be it.

I think you're safe for a good 4-6", if not more. 

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived