joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2016

snywx

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope the NAM has close to an idea.

If it's dead wrong that would be impressively bad considering it came even further North at 00z which I didn't think was possible lol.

Drinking many beers tonight, "cheersing" every one between now and the GFS to the GFS following the NAM

??? Was this suppose to be funny?

Kinda confused why I'm the butt of jokes when I don't interact with anyone personally?

It's just your energy man, when things look good you're way up and then when they don't it's like you fall on your face, relax.  After a few years on here you get to feeling like you know people and can joke around.  Look at all of the friendly banter that goes on in the NW threads and roll with it, it's never meant to be mean.

It's just your energy man, when things look good you're way up and then when they don't it's like you fall on your face, relax. After a few years on here you get to feeling like you know people and can joke around. Look at all of the friendly banter that goes on in the NW threads and roll with it, it's never meant to be mean.

Ulster never snows.... Is friendly banter...

You and I have literally never exchanged a single post.. Why would I concider something like that "friendly"

That's the thing, I do enjoy it and hope that we all enjoy each others company here.  You're right this is the first direct contact we've had and I'm sorry it wasn't a positive one.  I've been around these weather boards for over 15 years and have become friends with many of the posters and have met and had beers and gone for bike rides with many forum members (not just weather forums) in that time.  Places like this kind of become like an extension of "real life" after a while and if people can avoid the tensions that fly in subforums like the immediate NY metro ones they can be a lot of fun.

We obviously been NAM'ed many times before...

But this is weird...usually its like one or two crazy runs than the NAM falls in line.

In this case it has trended against most other guidance run after run after run. 

Gets me every time....and then lets me down

I wonder what it must feel like to be a snow lover in DC. They literally have been locked and loaded for at least 5 days now with little to no variation in outcome. They could have closed the model analysis thread on Monday and just left banter open because so little has changed. I feel like every storm is a roller coaster of emotions for us over the past several years. As I've said many times, it's the one reason why I so much enjoy the overrunning events. No matter what the models show, you can almost guarantee that they are going to overperform and that someone in our region hits the jackpot for the NYC subforum. 

I also think there'd be a lot less tension if there was any semblance of consistency!  :hug:

And, this may be stating the obvious, but I think we've seen our best run of the NAM yet and that the correction back south starts within the next 12 hours. The globals just do not want to bite. 

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived