SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will be live starting at like 5 am for you NJ folks from Manasquan beach and I'll be there until hopefully the evening high tide. Last year was painful being in toms river watching that band stop about 10 miles off shore and realizing during our coverage that it was over.

I hope all those winter renters move their cars this time. We were there two weekends ago and about a half dozen people lost their cars during a very moderate but surprising coastal flooding event. Many of them did not live here through sandy or Irene or even the Joaquin nor'easter flood event.

This may be a Don question. But does anyone know if BOS or NYC (CPK) have any top 10 snowless winters that don't also appear in the PHL and DCA list or weren't within a few inches of being so? Because right now this puts the two into a shot of doing that if it fails to produce here and we already know it won't up in BOS

Without seeing the 12z Euro run; what would be the basis for putting the convection further out into the Atlantic? The confluence doesn't appear to be anywhere near as strong as prior storms which resulted in cutoffs like presented. Are the models picking up the warmer SSTs at that position and by default assuming that is where the low center will go? If I am looking in the completely wrong location for the confluence up north, by all means let me know.  

This may be a Don question. But does anyone know if BOS or NYC (CPK) have any top 10 snowless winters that don't also appear in the PHL and DCA list or weren't within a few inches of being so? Because right now this puts the two into a shot of doing that if it fails to produce here and we already know it won't up in BOS

For their period of record, the following winters were among Boston's and New York City's 10 least snowy winters: 1972-73, 1988-89, 2001-02, and 2011-12. 1988-89 was not very snowy in either Philadelphia or Washington, DC, but it did not fall into either city's 10 least snowy winters. However, both were close to that dubious distinction.

Archived