• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

I don't know who just said that Winchester and Martinsburg were going to "get rocked" but thank you! 

I believe it was Matt that made the comment about the Martinsburg area. 

Yeah, it was me.  I think that area or maybe a bit east of there is really going to get banded...We'll have to see what the Euro says but I like that spot as sort of ground zero...maybe somewhere in NW VA....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and I'd be reminding you that digital snow isn't real.  :)

I actually remember Randy openly calling me out on one of the Feb 2010 radio shows (also 3-4 days out) because I was worried northern MD had only 1.5" of QPF on one of the GFS runs. Sounds so pathetic today :lol:

I'm in law school up here but heading home to Pikesville tomorrow for this. My baby sister (senior in HS) is asking me if there's "any chance at all" that school will be closed Friday or Monday. Oh man, if any of this pans out I would be surprised if they have school any day at all next week.

Oh cool, so you are right near my hood. I work in Pikesville. This should be a good one.

I'm very confused... SE thread is going on about how the GFS is a total outlier and all the other models agree with the Euro, and are weeneing out over the navgem which gives nc something like 20". Are they just desperate? 

And now they are getting excited that the UKMET looks like the NAVGEM.... are they willfully ignoring the 3 other better models?

I'm very confused... SE thread is going on about how the GFS is a total outlier and all the other models agree with the Euro, and are weeneing out over the navgem which gives nc something like 20". Are they just desperate? 

And now they are getting excited that the UKMET looks like the NAVGEM.... are they willfully ignoring the 3 other better models?

I'm not sure why you care what another subforum is saying.  Hugging the NAVGEM is lol.  But the UKMET is a very good model and apparently shifted significantly south based on Highzenberg.  If the Euro follows suit, then we can talk.

The SE forum is full of good folks, but yeah..they are just enjoying a good run.

Archived