joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always know S is getting real when you and Coastal start dropping by. With one exception...March 2013. But I forgive everyone on that debacle except God.

March 2013 was a heartbreaker there...no doubt. I definitely didn't see that one coming either. It was pretty incredible. There wasn't a whole lot there to warn that it was going to be a 34-36F "white rainstorm" for over half of the event. Perhaps in retrospect the Euro 925mb temps were perhaps a bit marginal, but something you would have expected big rates to overcome...instead, the banding ended up all disorganized. Maybe Montreal being like 50F the day of the event wasn't so good either. :lol:

I don't think we got the same worry this time around...nice high and airmass ahead of it.

Thanks, bro! I never thought I'd live this long or I'd have been more careful!

Thanks! It's actually tomorrow but I appreciate the wishes and you're right that it should be a great week. I remember when the Blizzard of '79 leveled the area and all the headlines said it was a once in a lifetime storm and compared it to the great Knickerbocker storm. Who knew it was just the start of so many great storms in my lifetime, but it never is enough.

Happy Birthday!  I hope you get a nicely wrapped HECS!

Will folks start discussing the NAM? Too early?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even the last panel won't have snow into DC, so if one was inclined to rely upon the NAM, probabl good for giggles at this point imho.

Otoh, if it's showing something way diff than everything else, different story.

Channel 9 and 7 are leading with the potential for a winter storm on their websites already :axe:

Not only that but I'm expecting the nationwide media hype machine to start up in earnest within the next couple days.  The (national) cable news stations tend to cover DC/PHL/NYC nor'easters wall to wall.  Honestly speaking as a westerner it's pretty annoying.  The coverage of the NYC bust blizzard last year was dreadful.  

Maryland football being maryland football today. Lost its two best recruits to Ohio St. Going to be a rough ride for Durkin til he can get a QB and surround him w talent.

Yup saw that,painful. At least the #3 recruit in the country in bball is coming for another visit after he had crossed MD off his list.

Analyzing the analysis of the analysis in the model thread. Crazy.

And what is the infatuation with the Euro para? It's always 12 hours behind. I can hear it now, Sunday morning somebody will be saying what's the euro para say?

As long as we have red tags hyping it as Skynet becoming self-aware, expect to hear about it.

Archived