Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1-17-16 light snow obs and discussion!

Allsnow

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked out some traffic cams in western VA along I-81 (the NW edge of the snowshield) for this event to see how the system is progressing.  Light snow is actually reaching the ground all the way at the front end of the 5 dbz echos in the Shenandoah valley (Just south of Harrisonburg).  On the east side of VA along I-95 light snow is reaching the ground as far north as Doswell at the north edge of the 20 dbz echos (halfway from Richmond to Fredericksburg).  Accums on the ground at all places that I saw amount to no more than about a half inch and roads are wet down there. 

yeah i was mentioning the probability of snow increasing every with every short range model earlier this morning,i expect the trend to tick a bit more west so that even the city is in the 1+ inch amount.eastern l.i and the jersey shore do pretty gd in these scrapper systems.let's not even consider who might get the inverted later on tonight,but the gd trends are leading us to the big one down the road. :snowwindow:

yeah i was mentioning the probability of snow increasing every with every short range model earlier this morning,i expect the trend to tick a bit more west so that even the city is in the 1+ inch amount.eastern l.i and the jersey shore do pretty gd in these scrapper systems.let's not even consider who might get the inverted later on tonight,but the gd trends are leading us to the big one down the road. :snowwindow:

Whats the timeline on this? When should it be starting

Whats the timeline on this? When should it be starting

2pm to 10pm timeframe.

Based upon latest run of the HRRR nobody gets more than a coating to an inch with this.  I looked at traffic cams across the state of VA and nobody has more than a coating to maybe 3/4 of an inch on the ground with this event up to now.  After what we have been through with this winter it will be nice to look at but ultimately a it's very minor event.

Based upon latest run of the HRRR nobody gets more than a coating to an inch with this.  I looked at traffic cams across the state of VA and nobody has more than a coating to maybe 3/4 of an inch on the ground with this event up to now.  After what we have been through with this winter it will be nice to look at but ultimately a it's very minor event.

yeah the only thing i might see wrong even with the hrrr is that piece of energy trying to dive thru the lakes as we speak,instead of moving ene and dragging the front across,it's slowing it's pace as the shortwave dives sse due to the blocking from the coastal developing out in front of it.might be something interesting to watch but it is a minor event...

Archived