• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan. 22nd-23rd threat

buckeye

Even the American ones are coming around. Heck the 6z NAM!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Rough one and total thread fail, I'm officially done as a thread starter.  Sorry guys I figured it couldn't be any worse for us than what happens when Hoosier starts a storm thread.  :lol:    It'll be interesting to see what finally happens with this.  Models are digging that trough deeper and deeper every run. 

I guess if there's any bright side it's not like we had a massive snow storm pulled out from under us.  We were basically tracking the northern edge, a consistently modeled 4-8" event.   I don't think any model other than the short bus group and the long range nam, ever had us cashing in huge.   This was mostly about weenie wishing for a nw shift, weenie wishing that had merit and precedent but never happened.  

Of course I have no doubt, much like the last two winters, there will be a storm that gets ripped out from under us as a result of a nw trend.  We do really well with those.  We're just in a tough geographic location to have models lock and load for days and expect things not to change. 

Time to catch up on all the work I let slide feeding this damn nonsensical habit.  

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can fly to tahoe in less time than it will take me to drive with you up to bo-land

Don't need to go up to the UP... Just hit SW Michigan sometime.

Skiing kicks butt... it does, but the experience is quite different. 

To each his own. The offer is there.

Same ole same ole..Swing and a miss south...swing and a miss west..for the love of everything decent in this world..can we ever have a storm that will ever track just right for us here in Central Ohio..Looks good...looks good..looks good...MISS!! :axe:

Same ole same ole..Swing and a miss south...swing and a miss west..for the love of everything decent in this world..can we ever have a storm that will ever track just right for us here in Central Ohio..Looks good...looks good..looks good...MISS!! :axe:

Agreed

Going to be a sharp cutoff here in Metro Louisville. Places 30 miles south of here could get over a foot, Louisville could see 6-8 inches, while 25 miles north in Southern Indiana could receive nothing. Makes me nervous being so close to the cutoff.

That said, I should be happy with the four inches of snow I got today. But I always want more.

Could the trough still go neg tilt before Mississippi? Or is it unreasonable? How often do the models mishandle storms going neg tilt a couple of days out?

Sorry, but it's game over for us. We'll probably see some light snow showers accumulate to 1", maybe 2". This exact setup happened at least 2x last winter, maybe 3, and the model guidance always works itself out to this track.

Guest ovweather

Going to be a sharp cutoff here in Metro Louisville. Places 30 miles south of here could get over a foot, Louisville could see 6-8 inches, while 25 miles north in Southern Indiana could receive nothing. Makes me nervous being so close to the cutoff.

That said, I should be happy with the four inches of snow I got today. But I always want more.

Seems like the heaviest snow with today's system fell farther north then expected. Maybe the same will happen Friday? How many times have we seen the models go back and forth for days with the heaviest snow axis? A few miles is the difference between Louisville getting a foot Friday and just a few inches. With that said, I am happy with the 4 inches today because that is usually a big snow around here.

Archived