• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    HunterMT
    Newest Member
    HunterMT
Ralph Wiggum

January 22-23 Storm Threat

Disagree. As long as it doesnt shift S and E we are ok. Dont need a major shift to match the NAM....baby steps are fine to try and meet in the middle (GFS/NAM blend). Still have time. 

Also of note, the GFS OP and Euro OP are theoretically exiting what is considered their wheelhouse. Almost time to put less weight in the globals and more emphasis on shorter range hi res guidance. Though obviously with that said, it doesnt mean we just discount them entirely. Guidance just weighted a little differently at this range.

I meant more that we need to see the GFS with temp profiles more in line with other modeling.  It had decent precip but we lost 1/3 of it to sleet at 6z.

Best GFS run yet for Philly...WOW.....Maybe I wont be road tripping

It was great for the city and nearby burbs, but the northern cutoff is still very pronounced. I will take the positive step though.

I just wanted to say I have really enjoyed everyone's company, input, and discussion while tracking this week. We all may not all see eye to eye 100% of the time but all good people here. The only subforum that moderates itself without a full time mod. Kudos to all of you!

I just wanted to say I have really enjoyed everyone's company, input, and discussion while tracking this week. We all may not all see eye to eye 100% of the time but all good people here. The only subforum that moderates itself without a full time mod. Kudos to all of you!

After you learn from the pro's over the years not to live and die by each model run it makes for a better experience.

Was thinking the same thing.

It has been a pleasure seeing this forum come back from the dead.

And w/o the constant issues that have plagued these types of forums since the beginning.

100% agree Ralph! It's been a fun week of tracking and would not have been as enjoyable if we were merged. 

Good luck to everyone in our forum on receiving big accumulations -- enjoy the storm!!

Verbatim yes. Takeaway this run? It continues to trend.

Exactly.

Seen it happen for me in 1996 and 2003. Just kept trending better for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk