• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

why is this a blip run? it looks a lot like 12z, and a lot like the GFS as well.  It still has right around a foot for PHL, which seems like a pretty good forecast as of now.  (also in step with GEFS and the canadian ensembles).  It could still be higher, and if i had to go over or under 12 inches i guess i would go over, but this is in step with a lot of the guidance.

GD I was going off of Stormvista snowfall maps...here is the image I see....

Stormvista clearly has Philly in the 4-6" range for totals....

post-8091-0-71073200-1453357610_thumb.pn

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant believe Im doing pbp on a 6z NAM run but I cant sleep. 48 hrs low slightly better defined just emerging slightly East of Wilmington, NC. 500mb trough has gone negative tilt with more energy digging into back of trough. Coming North again. QPF relatively unchanged thru 48, maybe slightly more widespread coverage N and W of entire precip shield.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Remember, this is the NAM beyond 48 hours....means nothing, but so fun to look @.

Agreed, taken with grain of salt. Have to admire its consistency tho. Has support from some other hi res guidance in terms of capture and farther N track tho. Even thru 30 hrs, which is a respectable time range for the NAM, you could see the big hit coming at H5.

Archived