joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant discount the GFS, the fact is it is more accurate than the NAM at this range.  Does it mean it is right? No, but it has to give pause to the higher accumulation totals.  Also the warming threat seems real, the euro had it last night too.  Should be interesting to follow tomorrow.

cant discount the GFS, the fact is it is more accurate than the NAM at this range. Does it mean it is right? No, but it has to give pause to the higher accumulation totals. Also the warming threat seems real, the euro had it last night too. Should be interesting to follow tomorrow.

I agree with this BUT we are discounting the NAMs high accum totals yet accepting the gfs totals that are even higher? Something isnt adding up.

I agree with this BUT we are discounting the NAMs high accum totals yet accepting the gfs totals that are even higher?

oh i dont buy 48 inches for west VA either.  my guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle, with a leaning to the gfs side because it is a better model at this range.

Very confused.  The tropical tidbits map above is showing a solid 12-18" for Philly, SEPA, and Northern DE.  The pivotalweather.com map is showing more like 6-10" region wide.  Is there something screwed up with one or the other?  Is the map with the larger totals counting rainfall as snow?

Very confused.  The tropical tidbits map above is showing a solid 12-18" for Philly, SEPA, and Northern DE.  The pivotalweather.com map is showing more like 6-10" region wide.  Is there something screwed up with one or the other?  Is the map with the larger totals counting rainfall as

i would have to look at the temperature profiles in depth but i find it hard to believe that with the qpf the GFS is spitting out that we would only see 7 inches of snow. 

I agree with this BUT we are discounting the NAMs high accum totals yet accepting the gfs totals that are even higher? Something isnt adding up.[/quote

NYC forum says there may have been connective feedback due to the 6 inch total precip being seen. Do you agree? I am learning on these things.

I do agree with the deep convection offshore skewing the slp track. Again, I dont recall ever seeing a 990ish mb slp take a 300 mile jump in just a few hours with the original low that was getting captured merely vanishing like that. The higher resolution models are not showing this center jump, at least so quickly nor to that extreme.

We need Ray to come here just once and pacify us all. He is the only one we'll listen too... The natives are getting restless in here and most of us are living and dying with each model run.

honestly, the GFS isn't so bad, just not ridiculous high totals like NAM< i think PHL area still looks good for 12 inches of snow

We need Ray to come here just once and pacify us all. He is the only one we'll listen too... The natives are getting restless in here and most of us are living and dying with each model run.

Consensus is still a 12-18" event imo unless the ECM bounces again, NAM just fantasy in the early going

Archived