• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

I've been seeing a pattern on some of the models showing that little gap of lightper precip over Philly and DE....think it is from the dry slot we MAY have around for a short time period 2mor idk

That gap has been there for days on most models from time to time.  It is weird but very persistent.  Have not heard a good explanation for it aside from possible dry slot and subsistance zone.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have now seen it all. Brining truck followed by 2 salt trucks dropping tons of salt and not even snowing. Unfortunately these efforts will likely prove futile in less than 12 hours when its puking snow. The brining I understand, the layer of salt I'm not so sure about.

It's not like they have had to use a whole lot of the salt so far this winter so why not go nuts with it.  At least make the evening commute the best they can.

I have now seen it all. Brining truck followed by 2 salt trucks dropping tons of salt and not even snowing. Unfortunately these efforts will likely prove futile in less than 12 hours when its puking snow. The brining I understand, the layer of salt I'm not so sure about.

use it or loose it in next years budget

You sure about that? Intellicast weenie radar, which includes virga, doesn't have anything up there yet.

he's right.  there's very light flurries here as well.  ( at 2100 feet)

regarding NAM....it's slightly 'warmer' at 21 hours....which means a slightly closer inland track.  540 line u can tell when u zoom in...very hard to notice position wise of the Low though.  From 12z to 18z...but it is slightly warmer. 

rain/snow line wise, just a very minor shift.  Were talking like a 10 mile difference. 

he's right.  there's very light flurries here as well.  ( at 2100 feet)

regarding NAM....it's slightly 'warmer' at 21 hours....which means a slightly closer inland track.  540 line u can tell when u zoom in...very hard to notice position wise of the Low though.  From 12z to 18z...but it is slightly warmer. 

Cheers, thought I was going crazy. Yeah it's very minuscule but flakes are falling.

Archived