Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance you back off some? I went off someone's post who doesnt know synoptic meteo and said it went due east. I admitted my error and moved on, there was no meltdown. Cool off man.

It did tick east prior to 72 hours but then went whacky and stopped movement with a late capture.  Not going to be correct outcome IMO, but interesting

Any chance you back off some? I went off someone's post who doesnt know synoptic meteo and said it went due east. I admitted my error and moved on, there was no meltdown. Cool off

you really don't see the problem here? never mind, keep on, i look forward to the next canceling, i said my piece.

It did tick east prior to 72 hours but then went whacky and stopped movement with a late capture.  Not going to be correct outcome IMO, but interesting

that kind of thing can happen with a capture....in any event, i agree, not likely to verify, and we have seen the overly juiced up NAM many times before.

That cutoff worries me. I'm currently in East Stroudsburg and I'm 20 miles away from either an epic bust or an epic blizzard on this run.

I totally agree.   I live 8 miles north of ABE, and I despise the gradient being this close.   Would love to have some insurance room.  Maybe we can get a 25 to 50 mile jog north.

My apologies didnt realize it was u that posted that bud. U know youre stuff, youre good. Honest oversight if u didnt see late panels.

No worries.  I think we all need to calm down and post as a group like old times.  The Philly forum used to be money in these situations, lets try and keep it that way.

Anyway, I like what the precip maps are showing as far as aerial extent, just not sure I like how they get there with this run.  GFS should be telling.....

Those NAM totals are based on 10:1 too. I don't think 15:1 will happen due to temps and wind but 12:1 is certainly not out of the question if we sit under the CCB as depicted on the NAM. I don't think today's model runs could of been any better for the majority of the area. Hopefully we see a little bit more northern expansion in the precip so our friends in the northwest can get in on the fun as well. My first call is 16-24"+ for SE PA and Central/southern jersey, 8-12" for LHV with a sharp cutoff the more NW you go. And I think I may have to increase it as time moves forward. Everyone should be in a great mood here!

So NBC10 hacked this 18z GFS run eh, throw it out

i dont think this run is so bad, i'd rather see the qpf stay steady or increase, we'll see if the wind changes us over for a bit, but I like having the moisture to work with.  Mixing is probably going to be tough to pinpoint before Friday

Archived