• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

The now required Monmouth County 22" jackpot is there, I feel comfortable with this now

lol

When I saw the map it reminded of 2010.....(hope I got the year right).  I would be at our cabin all weekend and get 1-3 or 2-4, then head home to what eventually became a 5ft base with drifts and piles higher than street signs. SoMoCo snow magnets are charged and ready for deployment.

What is also interesting is how well our area does on backlash.  Looking forward to talking about gravity waves on Sat :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far removed from eastern WV getting 40+" a few days ago on some runs.

Yeah no kidding.  After almost a decade of doing this, you would have thought by now I would have learned to stay away from model depictions that are still 48+ hours out.  Nope.  Still haven't learned to stay away from them.  Went from almost three feet 48 hours ago to now basically Advisory criteria, and any more trend south or to the coastal means nothing.

Well that's the game we play!  I'd really like to see another 1996 or 2003 again, though.  Seems like true Miller A storms have gone extinct.  Even in 2009-10, Philly got almost double what I did in each storm with the sharp gradients, and we're talking about 17 miles as the crow flies.

That's a tough break out there i remember you on this forum. Certainly a good weekend to make a trip home if possible.

I also have a brother that lives in Silver Spring just outside D.C.  I guess I could choose to live vicariously through him or drive 5+ hours.  We shall see!  Though if I don't make the trip I wish you all good luck and lots of snow to shovel!

:snowwindow:

Will be interesting to see where things end up in Philly. I use Albuquerque vs. Philadelphia snow as an insanity test in El Nino years. Relationship is likely statistically significant pending more years (only using 26 El Ninos). Current coordinates for 2015-16 season are 0.5" Philly, 9.4" Albuquerque.

mdYue0S.png?1

Archived