joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23/24 Major Coastal Storm Discussion

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the nam cut the amounts in half for winter events more times than not and it will pretty much be accurate just an obs of over 20 years on the boards.This is a broad statement but hey it's the weather , may a giant lollipop encompass the entire area from virginia to maine and everyone is in complete bliss.i'll be fishing see ya

Take the nam cut the amounts in half for winter events more times than not and it will pretty much be accurate just an obs of over 20 years on the boards.This is a broad statement but hey it's the weather , may a giant lollipop encompass the entire area from virginia to maine and everyone is in complete bliss.i'll be fishing see ya

Its where they're spit out that is in question.-every model is spitting those insane amounts out-just further south.    

And I don't see a reason for that to not extend eastward and fill into Jersey . Yes, it keeps getting closer to the NAM.

Agreed, random precip blobs aside, this still gets 1.0" QPF to about Rt.78/80 in NJ, but due west of us, 1.5" or so. Very nice move and the wettest the model has been in many runs. 

Agreed, random precip blobs aside, this still gets 1.0" QPF to about Rt.78/80 in NJ, but due west of us, 1.5" or so. Very nice move and the wettest the model has been in many runs. 

I basically just asked the same thing.... i mean i know not to take for verbatum but is the LE different too? If so why the heavier amounts in PA off 78 vs NJ? Esp when its a coastal storm...

why the big dip in precip in NJ vs same latitude in PA? Take Rt 78.... 17 inches on PA border, yet much less in central NJ? Isn't the storm off the coast so why the dip like that?

Is that because the GFS is warm and its snowing less snow amounts but the LE's are the same?

They're closer to the confluence is my guess

Archived