• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/19-1/20 mid-week storm potential

Bsudweather

Yup. Going for 1-2 in the foothills closer to the blue ridge. 

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got royally ****ed. Going to be a very cold rain. Living this far south I never expect much but damn. This just makes me want to cherish the snow days we do get down here.

It's 45 in Anniston, AL. Temps are above freezing in most of north Georgia now. The warm air is pushing in from the south for sure.

Having a hard time believing what I'm seeing on the radar.  I sit at (PS) on the radar map just NE of Dahlonega.  Everything suggests this will quickly turn to snow IMBY.  It could get intense.

Edit...how do you attach an image?  LOL

Go to advanced options when replying then this:  post-1314-0-63890400-1453307635_thumb.jp

I am worried about this... I see the same things... but the temps here are around 37... I don't see how the cooling will occur... thoughts?

In my area the 925mb temps are very cold which will aid in cooling the surface once the heavier precip arrives.  For your area I'm not as optimistic about snow chances due to your proximity to the apps.  You could change over to snow but the duration will not be nearly as long as it will from Dahlonega north and east.

Archived