North Balti Zen

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

surprised nobody has brought out the old Jan 25,2000 thing yet

Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 2:20 PM

To: Mappy

Subject: RE: hey

I don’t think so either.  But strangler things have happened.  I remember Jan of 2001 that was supposed to be a southern slider and then went boom

Sent: Friday, January 15, 2016 2:23 PM

To: H2O

Subject: RE: hey

You mean 2000, not 2001

Strangler haha

:whistle: 

Like you said earlier we are prob outta time...but quite a sight this 11th hour

Interesting to note that the grouping most North and West have the lowest pressure. Small thing to watch if pressures start coming in lower than modeled.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm still learning), does this Sat.Night - Sun. storm have the charecteristics as the Dec 25th 2011 storm? Wasnt that storm expected to go OTS but instead made the turn up the coast .? Didnt models not pick up on it until the day before, and the NWS called it a glitch in the system???

I believe you mean January 25th, 2000... was forecasted to be a southern slider and instead turned up the coast at the 11th hour. 

I don't recall any 12/25/11 storm? Boxing day maybe? 

Yeah it Started around 4pm on Xmas day, here in Ric, and dropped about 5 inches. The models as I recall were taking the low OTS but the gfs turned at the last moment.The NWS issued a special statement saying that the model had a glitch and to ignore it. Then the other models followed suit. I also remember dt and friends, doing a live online broadcast about the storm as well.

Yeah it Started around 4pm on Xmas day, here in Ric, and dropped about 5 inches. The models as I recall were taking the low OTS but the gfs turned at the last moment.The NWS issued a special statement saying that the model had a glitch and to ignore it. Then the other models followed suit. I also remember dt and friends, doing a live online broadcast about the storm as well.

Two different storms.  The Christmas snow was a different storm than the day after.  IIRC, the Christmas deal was a slider along about 36 N.  The day after was a coastal that was too far off the coast for most everyone south of about Philly.

we don't discuss that storm in these parts of the forum, its salt in the wound if you know what i mean

Archived