packfan98

1/17/16 Winter Weather Threat

It's already stronger than forecast and it's throwing precip northward a good bit. This thing... Man it feels like we should all be preparing for a foot

If only we could get colder temps and not be so borderline. Alot of people say like me in upstate will see lots of snow fall to melt as soon as it hits the ground. But if I see it fall, I consider that a win here in upstate.

4K nam certainly has no shortage of precip. Wral futurecast has nw Raleigh near the airport all snow.

Edit: 4K nam also throws heavy returns even farther west than 18z, into central sc

You can just feel how the r/s line will once again bisect the county. Like death & taxes.

I just hope the county it bisects is Wake, not Durham or Orange. I'd feel a lot better about this storm if I lived in, say, Roxboro.

The RAP shows the northern triangle getting a few hours of snow but no accumulations.

The HRRR has the snow line bisecting Durham and Orange Counties.

Funny you mentioned the hrrr. To me looks like I85 special south and cold chasing moisture

I just hope the county it bisects is Wake, not Durham or Orange. I'd feel a lot better about this storm if I lived in, say, Roxboro.

The RAP shows the northern triangle getting a few hours of snow but no accumulations.

The HRRR has the snow line bisecting Durham and Orange Counties.

What's happened to the analysis on what's going on? Water vapor loop, phase, tilt, anything? I'm a long time lurker and appreciate all the great insight....just wondering what happened tonight.