Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
How Crappy Will Your Winter Be?

moneypitmike

How much snow will you finish the season with  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What will your seasonal snowfall be?

• <6"
    • 7-12"
    • 13-18"
    • 19-24"
    • 24" +

Yes. And the following winter wasn't much better, coming in with 64 inches.  Things certainly turned around for 2007/2008, though.

06-07 turned out okay despite a horrible start, thanks mainly to getting over 600% of my avg April snowfall.  Farmington's 36.1" that month is tops for its 123 Aprils of record, by 12.1".  I wound up at 95.3", about 6" AN, with a snowfall pattern exactly opposite of the previous year:  Oct-Jan - 19.1"; Feb-May - 76.2".   Cherrypicking 12 month intervals, Feb 07 thru Jan 07 had 26.9" here, while March 07 thru Feb 08 had 178.0". 

Doesn't even make the top 10. Had 44.4". There were actually 3 events of 6"+. Dec 8-9, the Tuck Rule game in January and March 20th.

3/20/02 is a childhood favorite of mine. I didn't realize you guys made it that close to 45" though that year that's impressive. Sort of OT, but BOX got rid of the "Significant Weather Event" calendar. Do you have a new link for it?

Why is snow total equated to crappy?

Is this a serious question????  :)

After today's goose egg, my expectation holds.

Question for moderators:  I must have done something that kept the members votes from being visible.  Is that something you can adjust?  I cant' figure out how.  Thanks.

Is this a serious question???? :)

After today's goose egg, my expectation holds.

Question for moderators: I must have done something that kept the members votes from being visible. Is that something you can adjust? I cant' figure out how. Thanks.

Better get the consent of everyone who voted first.

I may hit the low-end of the 13-18" category I selected.  odds that I come up short are not too small.  entering Feb. with 5".....one for the history books.

Maybe you should get some real elevation or try moving somewhere where it actually snows like Weymouth, MA or Philadelphia, PA.

Maybe you should get some real elevation or try moving somewhere where it actually snows like Weymouth, MA or Philadelphia, PA.

I never thought I would have to move from upstate NY to Washington to see snow........

You don't know the meaning of sucky winter unless you have lived here the last 5 years.

Archived