joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 16th Nor' Easter & Observations

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOLKS   as I said in  other forums    the  development of   the PRIMARY Low   that depends to  992mb
and makes it as far North  as  Buffalo is    the kiss of death

this is NOT a  case of   of 1007 mb low that dies  once  it crosses  the Ohio River 
and there is no  HIGH to the north

I can't believe you guys are giving up so early. I remember in Dec 2008 a storm all the models were showing a rain event until the last 2 days and all the models flipped around at the last second. All give it till Friday but the trends tonight look fav not giving up yet,this storm has a few surprises left

yeah that 06 gfs is really close to heavy wet snow even for the city on the back end,i would still say all rain but with weather you'll never know,esp if dynamic cooling takes place which is what i'm seeing in this run.remember it can snow at 33 -35 degrees with a cold pool of air aloft and heavy enough precip falling.  

yeah that 06 gfs is really close to heavy wet snow even for the city on the back end,i would still say all rain but with weather you'll never know,esp if dynamic cooling takes place which is what i'm seeing in this run.remember it can snow at 33 -35 degrees with a cold pool of air aloft and heavy enough precip falling.

The 06z is like the 18z's whacky girlfriend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Granted it is the 6 Z GFS.

But when looking at the model, it seems to indicate the interior may flip to snow at some point as the storms pulls up the coast.

Your biggest chance might be if the strom is more tucked in and cranking so you get some dynamic cooling, the models show it to an extent with places further south getting snow while some further north are getting lighter precipitation and rain (it's still a big time long shot though)

Archived