Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2016 Severe Weather Thread

downeastnc

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a garage to park my car in.........ugh don't know what to do.

lol hope it doesn't hail...or at least they don't go bigger than ping pong balls......the core is a bit weaker but bigger....hail most likely continuous from Apex to Morrisville....nexrad still reading up to 2.25" haven't seen anything that big reported yet though

lol hope it doesn't hail...or at least they don't go bigger than ping pong balls......the core is a bit weaker but bigger....hail most likely continuous from Apex to Morrisville....nexrad still reading up to 2.25" haven't seen anything that big reported yet though

:axe:

There was 12" of hail gathered at alot of spots on Southport Rd in Spartanburg ! Cars having to be shoveled out! Amazing pics on the 10 o'clock news!

Piles of hail still in parking lots , 4-5 hours later, looks like piles of snow! Calling it a historic event!

Here's a shot from tonight in Spartanburg.

orig.jpg

There was 12" of hail gathered at alot of spots on Southport Rd in Spartanburg ! Cars having to be shoveled out! Amazing pics on the 10 o'clock news!

Piles of hail still in parking lots , 4-5 hours later, looks like piles of snow! Calling it a historic event!

See, I knew GSP would get 12" of SOMETHING this winter.

Apart from a few heavy rain bursts and lightning around 7-8 PM, it's all been quiet here. I was hoping I might get to see hail for a second day in a row, but I guess not.

Yep, I measured it myself. Hail also gets recorded as snow...so we had a trace of snow yesterday as well.

That's awesome! We always miss the good stuff down here! The biggest hail I have ever seen was about ping pong - golfball sized hail, on Pelham road, about 5 or 6 years ago. It put dings and dents into my old Chevrolet truck, with good heavy sheet metal , and never got them taken out, still got the truck! Did ping pong ball size, damage any cars?

Archived