Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 9-10th snow threat. Disco/OBS

dmc76

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope. :D

Raining lightly here, but drops are sorta big. I guess that counts for something. Seems the models were really bad with this one, no?

We saw some difficulties with the timing/degree of phasing, but it happens.  Then throwing in this marginal airmass doesn't help. 

Punt for MBY. :D

Seriously though, 38/37 and rain is pretty far away from seeing frozen. Just kind of in salvage mode now. Hopefully we can get a little something to coat the ground. I will tell you though...I'm pretty damn tired of rain. When's the next drought? ;)

Yeah, seems most storms from SW make that last minute jog NW.

Map looks like radar now with the R/S line

Not sure anyone will see much of anything from this. The back side of the precip shield is already north of Springfield. I thought this was supposed to be an overnight event? Quick hitter with not much to show for it.

Same here... I thought this was supposed to be after 6 pm

Still snowing to beat the band in Quincy. 21°

someone talked about how the radar doesn;t look too good there

The airport is about 8 miles east of city plus that area is on the edge of the NE MO radar hole

main factor with those temps is the snow would be more dry and harder to reflect on the radar

someone talked about how the radar doesn;t look too good there

The airport is about 8 miles east of city plus that area is on the edge of the NE MO radar hole

main factor with those temps is the snow would be more dry and harder to reflect on the radar

There definitely is an area that does not get good low level coverage. Thinking this event will end sooner than predicted too, but the deformation band might start looking better as it pulls out of that data void.

Looks like several hundred visibility just northwest of Peoria.

current.jpg?1452370637

Archived