joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 9-10th snow threat. Disco/OBS

dmc76

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your call will bust big time. IMO. This is got 4" written all over you and you know it.

Detroit on the other hand ........ :yikes:

I live right on the lakefront, it's essentially across the street...i've seen this movie before

it's going to be hard to get more than 2" with ripping winds off the warm lake with marginal 2M temps as it is

obviously ORD is looking much better

not much change on the new SREF, micro bump in mean, still lots of junk, might have added a couple big dogs

EDIT: fwiw it appears that the clunker 0-1" members are all east/weak as opposed to rain

The clunkers is around here. Can't wait for my 2" snowfall.

Ends up being weaker at 850mb over Indiana compared to last two runs.

4km NAM looks decent

weaker is probably better for MBY considering p-type concerns and being on the northern fringe with this kind of setup tends to over perform to a degree but if you're looking for something more amped, the canadian models did well last year picking up on strong northern streams/more aggressive phasing...so you can hope they're onto something.

that said it's the southern stream that's particularly weak so it's probably a moot point.

Personally, I like my position for some decent snow Saturday night. Just gotta hope it doesn't shift East anymore. 

Same here.

With the trend this winter, I would side with the stronger solutions - not the GFS.

Same here.

With the trend this winter, I would side with the stronger solutions - not the GFS.

Agreed. I honestly think we can pull off 5-6" from this storm as long as an eastern shift doesn't occur. Each snow event this year (two of them) has over-preformed IMO, hopefully the trend will continue? :)

Archived