• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

I went for a hike by Bash Bish Falls (highest waterfall in MA) and it was flowing something fierce after all of the rains we've had. It is best accessed by coming in from Copake, NY and walking east to the falls just east of the state line. You can drive through the "town" of Mt. Washington (no relation to the one in NH), but it's not as quick due to the roads. Regardless, I drove back this way and did a quick jaunt up Mt. Everett, which is 2.6K at the summit to find around 3" of snow there from Thursday night's upslope even though there's nothing left here save for some patches in the deep shade.  

I took a video of the falls:

Here are a couple shots from the summit of Mt. Everett:

post-48-0-75463800-1456636614_thumb.jpg

post-48-0-46092800-1456636655_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note: Living here in SE NC, where we average a paltry 1.3" of snowfall per year...I have just recently become fascinated by the intense NE blizzards...as they have the strong winds that have so captivated me since I experienced my first hurricane back in 1984! That, combined with my love of heavy snowfall, has gotten me enthused with these significant and high-impact winter storms!

Note: Living here in SE NC, where we average a paltry 1.3" of snowfall per year...I have just recently become fascinated by the intense NE blizzards...as they have the strong winds that have so captivated me since I experienced my first hurricane back in 1984! That, combined with my love of heavy snowfall, has gotten me enthused with these significant and high-impact winter storms!

Coastal mass has the most verifiable blizzards. Especially the inner cape. We had a good one this winter in NY. Nothing crazy but hour after hour of 2-4" snow and 50mph gusts

Not gonna lie...

Already being past mud season with that ridging in the LR looks appealing. Yeah, I know Mar 12 isn't coming through that door this early, but it'd be nice to get some yard cleanup done with some 50s. If it caan't snow then just frig it...we may as well go for futility.

However, as Will alluded to, WNE/ENY has been particularly snowless. I've only been here 8 years but the townies say this is unprecedented. Under 14" on the season here. Albany may be under10"? Bare ground in Savoy! That is truly impressive as it is the snow capital of SNE. It would have to be two warning events to get us near the Mendoza Line. Certainly not out of the question but I am cautiously skeptical. I'll have to check but I think it might be one year since NW MA has verified WSW.

At least BOX is still ahead of ATL for WSWs this year.

post-44-0-78314600-1456664746_thumb.png

Just checked in on the Pittsburg total for the year. Only 76", about 100" below his 10 year average. 

Not gonna lie...

Already being past mud season with that ridging in the LR looks appealing. Yeah, I know Mar 12 isn't coming through that door this early, but it'd be nice to get some yard cleanup done with some 50s. If it caan't snow then just frig it...we may as well go for futility.

50's? That would be weeks of 60's and 70's with dry ground and west flow with no foliage. Shorts season 2 weeks away

Start with the 60s, we can always adjusted up if necessary.

Mar 2012 was about as perfect as it can get up here. Dry ridging with WNW flow, well above normal 850s, and dry, bare ground. We were basically mixing up to H85 with highs about 15C warmer than 850 Ts. If we squeak in a day where the stars all align again we'd probably need about 7-8C to flirt with 70F at the sfc.

Mar 2012 was about as perfect as it can get up here. Dry ridging with WNW flow, well above normal 850s, and dry, bare ground. We were basically mixing up to H85 with highs about 15C warmer than 850 Ts. If we squeak in a day where the stars all align again we'd probably need about 7-8C to flirt with 70F at the sfc.

post-44-0-28380300-1456667817_thumb.gif

+13 at 850. Take me back to that.

I don't mind 50s and even an occasional day of 60 as long as we get some good freezes.  A good chunk of my income comes from maple sugaring and if the season abruptly stops it affects my bottom line.  I will admit that the dry weather helps boiling though and the lack of snow makes it easier to get around in the woods.

GGW joke i guess was too much to handle. Sad

skiing you idiot. while you jerk off to 45-50 degree days. Some of us have a life you unfortunately do nothing but take a run in the AM wash your truck and then drink heavily at your girls soccer tournaments. It's absolutely beautiful, snow is perfect, enjoy the brown it's the only brown you got.

skiing you idiot. while you jerk off to 45-50 degree days. Some of us have a life you unfortunately do nothing but take a run in the AM wash your truck and then drink heavily at your girls soccer tournaments. It's absolutely beautiful, snow is perfect, enjoy the brown it's the only brown you got.

Where did you ski?

Glad you are able to get back at it.

Romance Magazine has published my short story about Walter and Marie, which is about this couple who meet each other at a Miami Marlins baseball game.  They have a one night stand which is pretty graphic according to some.  It was supposed to be a run off of my novel series The Dawn Awakening, but it will not be a part of the story, instead it will be its own set of short stories which their love story only lasts a strong seven days.  If you want to read the story I will email you an attachment of the file, if not then don't bother.

Archived