• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2016 Obs

Isopycnic

Nice!1 We got up to 36 down the hill from you in Bostic yesterday.

Traveled to South Asheville Yesterday and was able to see a little snow around. Temp was around 24-19 most of the morning yesterday. 

Never made it to 30 here today. Ponds are freezing over, finally.  Here's a short video of yesterdays snow event in the mountains north of Lake Lure above 1,800 feet.

Sitting at 15 now with grass crystals around 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was 10 degrees at sunrise. My pond is almost frozen over. It will be by tomorrow morning. Here's a pic I made this morning just at sunrise. A very cold walk.....

Nice!1 We got up to 36 down the hill from you in Bostic yesterday.

Traveled to South Asheville Yesterday and was able to see a little snow around. Temp was around 24-19 most of the morning yesterday. 

Sitting at 15 now with grass crystals around 

post-8754-0-18342100-1453211332_thumb.jp

Been 30.7 for about 30 minutes now with a persistent very light freezing drizzle. Measured about .15-.20" on the bottom side of a branch that had the thickest accumulation. Not too bad considering it's 40 in Atlanta. That is just crazy to me. I love in-situ CAD! It's basically a mini micro-climate in N GA that brings icestorms to my area while Atlanta stays well above freezing. Such an interesting phenomenon that we get here! Also crazy was the high temperature spread today, and Atlanta and Peachtree City had cloudcover first too. I only hit 35.9, Atlanta hit 45 and Peachtree City hit 50!

Weather related? The story doesn't say.

Hundreds are without power in the Carolinas as of 7:40 p.m. Wednesday.

According to Duke Energy, there are almost 840 customers without electricity in Henderson County near the Mountain Valley and Zirconia communities. The estimated restoration time is between 10 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.

Several small outages were reported across the Upstate. The largest reported area was 104 customers in Anderson County. Those customers are anticipated to have power restores between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Archived