joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol the good thing about an ULL is that it might end up in Florida by tomorrow's runs! 

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. Tomorrow we'll get a stationary triple phaser.

It's the GFS so I wouldn't worry too much :) The GEFS will probably show a much more suppressed solution, more of a Miller A track, if I had to guess. The good thing is when you check tomorrow the GFS will have another new solution!

Just messing. We'll see ~34 variations between now and 1/11 from Goofy.

I wouldn't sweat it. We will cash in this year -- Just a matter of time.

I really think/hope so. The potential is definitely there.

Looks like we are gonna be rockin the 15th -30th, delayed , but the pattern that's showing up at the end of the run , we gotta score! Let's wait and see what the euro says! Lol at the CMC ! What's the UKMet showing??

Until the 9th, then it'll be showing up 1/22-2/7 ;)

So I know the "cold front" actually passed last night, but the warmth has clearly held on in this area being that it is still in the 50s.  Well it has been relatively calm all evening, and I just heard a loud gust of wind slap the house and it has been breezy ever since.  The temperature is finally falling.  Was there a secondary trough or front rolling through?

Past 8 hours of model runs prove why even in the mountains you don't need to get your hopes up about winter storms. At least we get snow showers monday.

Yeah, I got caught up in the hype too. We should've known after the type of ridiculously, historically terrible December we had that there's no way we switch over to a cold, snowy pattern on a dime. We should know better.

"Weather Is Like Dating"

-By Jonathan of the SE Forum

Chapter 6 Tinder & The Tropics

"Sometimes you can't just swipe right on the first picture of the storm, you got to read the bio and look deep into pics 3 & 4 before you commit to that right swipe and go all in."

:lmao:

Lots of right swipes the past couple days!

I mean the local guys up here are calling for low 40's and rain...In boone...in the mountains...In january. Cmon lol. I'm going to be one of those skeptical people all season. I hate to be the negative guy but after getting burned last year I'm not gonna be optimistic for this one just because the pattern looks good. We had all the cold air in the world last year and look what happened. Hardly nothing except for the late Feb miracle where I got 14 inches on a 8 inch projection.

I mean the local guys up here are calling for low 40's and rain...In boone...in the mountains...In january. Cmon lol. I'm going to be one of those skeptical people all season. I hate to be the negative guy but after getting burned last year I'm not gonna be optimistic for this one just because the pattern looks good. We had all the cold air in the world last year and look what happened. Hardly nothing except for the late Feb miracle where I got 14 inches on a 8 inch projection.

I like the big, double-digit totals, but more often than not, when that happens, that's the only one you get all year and it's over.

I'd honestly rather have multiple 3-6"ers once every 7-12 days or so.

I like the big, double-digit totals, but more often than not, when that happens, that's the only one you get all year and it's over.

I'd honestly rather have multiple 3-6"ers once every 7-12 days or so.

Did you look at the EPS members?  There are many big hits in there for your area.  Most just miss central NC but lots hit your area and several big ones.

I'm just signing on to WxBELL.

What can I say. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. It happens I guess.

The power of positivity beckons.

LOL...I am just now getting around to the members.  Means on both GEFS/EPS show snow potential in VA/NC in days 9-15.

Honestly last nights runs weren't that bad. The CMC showed 2 CAD events for typical CAD regions, mainly ice from what I could tell. The GFS showed several storms but not quite enough cold air around, but the potential is there. The Euro was bad for the first two storms but was setting the stage for something else long range. It will likely show a different solution today too. Overall you get the idea that the models all have different solutions, there will be several storm systems to keep an eye on and one of them could produce for many if the timing is right. As always a good pattern doesn't guarantee snow it only increases our chances.

Who wants to watch them get crushed in the snow? ;) lol. But a carolina game with snow would be fantastic. I'm not gonna get excited about "potential this, potential that" stuff. I want to see sustained cold air first. That's all I want. The end. Then once that happens let it dump. But I'm not gonna get excited over storms until there is a definite source of cold air. I never got excited about cold rain in October and I'm not gonna get excited about cold rain now.

I got a prime rib on the big green egg enjoying the nice day outside while I can.

Don't worry, after Thursday, it's back to warm and rain ( the relax period) if you will!!? But after the 13th, you'll still be using the green egg, I believe , and you'll be preparing for the greatness that's showing up from the 24th-31st! Lol

Archived