SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for reposting here. I'm quite nervous about tomorrow but it's better than hearing screech and next thing getting airborne in what seems like a split second.

Good luck. I see a lot of spinal surgeries among other things at Duke. Medicine has come a long way. Stay positive and I'm sure you're happy to be alive at this point. Hoping for a fast recovery for you. Just remember, PT when they come to visit you while recovering are your friends. Try to do as much as you can with PT, you'll be back in no time!

Thanks for reposting here. I'm quite nervous about tomorrow but it's better than hearing screech and next thing getting airborne in what seems like a split second.

Sorry to hear about your accident...thank god you weren't more severely injured or worse. . Ironically enough, 2 days ago a man on his motorcycle lost control on a sharp curb and ran though a fence alongside the road in front of my house. He somehow avoided the barbed wire and hit some wooden planks near a gate and escaped with only minor scratches and bruises. Neighbor called the cops as soon as it happened because he feared he was seriously injured or dead but after saying he would pay for the damage he took off before they arrived. Doubt anyone will hear from him again though.

Ah, I expect business to pick up in these SE forums soon.  Modeling looking quite good after this brief warm-up.  NWS Charleston already on Twitter talking about brutal Arctic air on the way.

Yeah, well no one posts when we don't have a storm to track...then when we do, everyone comes out of the woodwork. Gives "fair weather fan" it's name. Sorry if that sounds bitter...but it's true. Literally dead until people start hyping up a system.

Yeah, well no one posts when we don't have a storm to track...then when we do, everyone comes out of the woodwork. Gives "fair weather fan" it's name. Sorry if that sounds bitter...but it's true. Literally dead until people start hyping up a system.

If this frontal wave thing comes to pass or looks ok, the board should light up with trolls and such, by atleast Monday night!?

Wouldn't they be, foul weather fans?

Just curious, anyone have any maps for the Jan 85 cold outbreak, or are there any for the Feb 1899 outbreak? it would be interesting to see thickness values, DPs, and such for those 2 periods. 

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1985/us0121.php

012103.png

Other 1985 maps: http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/1985.html

Unfortunately, the NARR reanalysis only goes back to 1979.

Sorry to hear that. Sending healing vibes your way. I was hit on a bicycle years ago and got thrown around 20 feet. Thankfully all I had was a compound fracture in my right leg and a mild concussion. It was a bit miraculous. It was a pretty quick recovery for me. Hopefully the can take of your back and it doesn't give you much trouble moving forward. 

This is unfortunately sounding almost like a repeat of last year. Everyone was talking about how great things were looking for Feb and it turned into disaster around here. I'm sure you guys up north will do fine but in the deep south I'm afraid it will be another case of too little, too late. The sun angle is already increasing quite a bit and I really don't have any faith in wintry weather after Feb 15 in any year.

lol...

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  I had to read that three times until I figured out he wasn't joking. 

Hey everyone. The surgery went smooth I guess as I was nice and asleep during the whole process. I'm resting relatively comfortably and will try to gain back some strength starting tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for keeping me in your thoughts.

So glad to hear things went well. Just take some time to recover and heal and you will be back to normal before long!

Archived