joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go ahead and dump it on us.  Propane tank is full, we're stocked up on essentials, and my flight home out of LGA isn't likely to be delayed.

Conversion earlier tonight with a guy in the TSA security line ...

He looked at my quartet of laptops each in their own bin, another bin with phones, another with pocket stuff and then my canes and shoes, and asked ...

HIM:    You were here for the show?   {NRF 2016}

ME:    Yes, the glamorous life of a computer consultant.  {said sarcastically}

HIM:    OH?  What do you do?

ME:    I'm an EMV implementation consultant.  You?

HIM:    Really?  I'm the Director of IT Operations for {retailer-redacted}.  We're fighting with EMV right now. You have a card?

... and so we swapped business cards and exchanged credit card implementation war stories while putting our shoes and belts back on.

It will be truly funny if the best lead that comes out of this trip was from a chance meeting at the airport rather than the $20,000 EXPO ...

Hey guys, I have missed Tony "dsaur" posting the past 24 hours (with rumors of sleet flying around today). Although there was not much today, If I see sleet, I think of Tony! Hope he is ok?

I have thought the same as well. As a matter of fact it's been awhile since I have seen him post. He always dreams and talks about his sleet storms.

Your patience deserves an award.

Yes it does  :hug:

Just give me 33 and rain.

CAE has all you ever need  :P

Of course! I'd be dissapointed everyday I lived in CAE

Indeed  :(  

Hey guys, I have missed Tony "dsaur"  posting the past 24 hours (with rumors of sleet flying around today). Although there was not much today, If I see sleet, I think of Tony! Hope he is ok?

He just posted in the pattern discussion thread yesterday. He's here waiting for the cold and moisture to come together.....just like the rest of us in the no snow zone  :lol: 

I'm hoping this misses like the event last year and we somehow get more sleet here than freezing rain because based on CAD history I think the ice will get farther south than the current thinking by the NWS. I think the watch is SC will get expanded by at least 1 row of counties later to include Anderson over to Chester with the rain/ZR line probably cutting those 4 counties basically in half. The Duke Power map I saw shows close to what I'm thinking.

Edit: After looking at that map again, it's about 5-10 miles north of what I think will probably happen with the rain/ZR here in upstate SC.

lol.. 5-10 miles, talk about precise.

My wife likes it. I prefer Red Oak or the beer from our local brewery here, White Street Brewery.

Doesn't anyone else think it's weird they still called it Wake Forest University after it moved to Winston Salem?

White street has some good brews. I've been enjoying beverages from Highland Brewery recently. Although my buddy at TOPO in chapel hill brews some fine beers too.

Archived