Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the deepest amount of snow you think your plow can take at once?

A foot is pushing it. I just have an f250 with a 8 ft blade. Gotta keep up with it but we have huge parking lots we do for government contracts and it takes 5 hours to clear everything lol. I'll be plowing Fri - Sunday easy

do people honestly go 12:1 right off the bat? 10:1 is the safest, right? and hope it's better? I mean, yeah at 12:1, I would get 30". but come on... 12:1 the whole storm? no way

I agree but 12:1 could be a good compromise. I would think ratios would increase on the back end of the storm to as high as 15:1 but be as low as 10:1 at first.

Maybe InstantWxMaps? For once WxBell is more conservative.

You still get like 26-27".

I'm not worried about MBY at all, this was a great run for me. Guess I am just trying to stay conservative in these snow amounts... honestly, I've just been focusing on QPF anyways. Solid 2.5 IMBY

I'm not worried about MBY at all, this was a great run for me. Guess I am just trying to stay conservative in these snow amounts... honestly, I've just been focusing on QPF anyways. Solid 2.5 IMBY

Once you start getting totals that high compaction is a huge issue. 26 28 34 inches all look the same and pack fast. Add drifting and measuring will be a nightmare.

Archived