joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ravens is a weenie for sure but he seems to at least want to try to contribute. I have never liked the forum police routine some here live for. Things are really boring right now so Ravens posts are only a problem if you are OCD about "forum cleanliness". Especially since he is part of our region I think leeway should be given... PHL posters can crawl in a hole on the other hand.

Ravens is a weenie for sure but he seems to at least want to try to contribute. I have never liked the forum police routine some here live for. Things are really boring right now so Ravens posts are only a problem if you are OCD about "forum cleanliness". Especially since he is part of our region I think leeway should be given... PHL posters can crawl in a hole on the other hand.

Hey, his observations about this storm are as useful as the ensembles have been.

Its obvious that the gfs can't handle the pattern. Right now there is so much potential that the model can't figure out which storm to go with... So it keeps bouncing back and forth from medium to long range. It is just so dynamic that its confused. I think as things relax a little bit the gfs will become more focused and that will help it to snow. I don't think it will latch on to something until maybe the 96 hour mark. And then watch... Boom... Something will bomb out. This is just the way the models work.

PDIII posted in the discussion thread:

Its obvious that the gfs can't handle the pattern. Right now there is so much potential that the model can't figure out which storm to go with... So it keeps bouncing back and forth from medium to long range. It is just so dynamic that its confused. I think as things relax a little bit the gfs will become more focused and that will help it to snow. I don't think it will latch on to something until maybe the 96 hour mark. And then watch... Boom... Something will bomb out. This is just the way the models work.

So the GFS's what's been keeping the east coast from seeing snow all this time? It just needs to focus more and then the snow will come... 

it's obvious that the puny-brained GFS can't handle the pattern; this is just the way the models work, man.  it is just so dynamic that its confused and the massive potential is making the GFS unable to wrap it's head around which storm to go with.  hopefully the new adderall script its doctor prescribed it will help it become more focused as things relax, but it won't latch onto anything before 96 hours after it has started its new medication...and then watch.  BOOM.

:wub:

This

This winter ****ing blows...GF & I split up over the summer, life has been ****ty and I was hoping for a decent winter to take my mind off of some things... and we get this.

You know it is a crap winter when icez is ready for Spring. 

It does. It's wearing on all of us I think. Take it easy dude.. it'll snow again someday.

This winter ****ing blows...GF & I split up over the summer, life has been ****ty and I was hoping for a decent winter to take my mind off of some things... and we get this.

Say it ain't so!

But seriously, I know what you mean.  Not much is (meteorologically) worse than going through a blah Jan-Feb period, rain interspersed with somewhat cooler weather, and there's nothing much to even get out and enjoy.

Hang in there champ.  That blows man.  You know I've always been one of your defenders since way back, so I get a pass to tease you.  It's going to snow sometime this year.   Now remember, that includes December too.  :(

Just think, epic fail would be a better story than "the winter mostly sucked but we did get that 2-4" mixed bag of crap"

insee your point but your 2-4" slop might be my 6-10" up here. And I don't feel like it's some consolation to get no snow or make history if it's bad history. I guess if the choice was less then 1" or total shutout I would agree

I try not to ask to many questions and I do read everyone's post. Why do these computer models constantly show these big coastal snow bombs all the time? It's not like they are a common thing here in the MA. Don't they add climo into these systems? It's not just this year. It's every winter.

1. Spite
  2. To keep people interested and coming back for more since the real atmosphere is too boring
  3. Models are worthless

Archived